BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I have to adjust my lights (F10 LCI M5) from driving on the left to driving on the right. I seem to be the only F10 car with this option in iDrive.... :confused:

Yeah that’s why I posted to check, as a lot of posts said you have to change an option in iDrive but most said they need no adjustment. I’ll have a look at my settings

Man of Honour
I have to adjust my lights (F10 LCI M5) from driving on the left to driving on the right. I seem to be the only F10 car with this option in iDrive.... :confused:

We have the same headlights and mine doesn't have this option and neither did my last one.

I have seen the option on other cars though so I wonder what dictates whether it's required?

Soldato
Driving to Disneyland Paris next week, apparently F series cars (I have an F10) have a flat beam pattern so need no adjusting, can anyone confirm this?

Taken straight from the manual (F21 LCI2)

Left-hand/right-hand traffic

General
When driving in countries where vehicles drive on the opposite side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration, you will need to prevent your headlights from dazzling oncoming vehicles.

LED headlights

Light distribution of the headlights prevents the dipped-beam headlights from dazzling other road users even when driving in a country where vehicles drive on the other side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration.

Adaptive Headlights
When driving in countries which drive on the other side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration, do not drive with the switch in position
32399.jpg
. Otherwise, the variable light distribution may result in a blinding effect.

I know it's already been said but I wanted to quote the manual for the avoidance of any doubt.

Soldato
Made a code change on my F10 so now have Enhanced Bluetooth and can stream music via my handset, not sure why BMW don't enable this by default?
Probably an easy £200+ for them. Only supply 1x front USB and charge customers extra for another and some extra functionality.

Soldato
Bluetooth streaming is standard now.

Enhanced Bluetooth for £475 !!! adds the following.
  • Wireless charging dock
  • Technical capacity for WiFi hotspot with LTE-standard
  • Better mobile phone reception
  • Telephone/internet package with comprehensive connectivity via Bluetooth
  • Two mobile phones and a mobile audio player can be connected simultaneously
  • Two fully functional (I hope they would be functioning :p ) USB ports, each with up to two amperes charging.

Soldato
Ironic the sports displays aren't standard on the M5 and coding them renders them useless as the sensors aren't there

That interior actually makes me really sad. I hate the fact they'e removed the fresh air mix and replaced it with a "My first vTech" childs toy button.

Soldato
Ironic the sports displays aren't standard on the M5 and coding them renders them useless as the sensors aren't there

That interior actually makes me really sad. I hate the fact they'e removed the fresh air mix and replaced it with a "My first vTech" childs toy button.
Fresh air mix (hot and cold) can be controlled in the iDrive, separately for the driver and passenger.

Soldato
Ah
Is that actually useful in any way? Like 3 zone climate in the front for 2 passengers :confused:
It is useful when it is boiling hot outside and you don't want freezing cold air blowing on your arms and face. You can have cold air vented around the car and a comfortably cold air blowing on your arms and face. Works the other way around during winter.

Back
Top Bottom