BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Sounds faffy. I'll take my version that came from the factory :)
Good to know for future ref.

Its saving several hundred quid on the option so its what I will do when mine arrives. From what I understand its not too bad and i've had remote coding done before, the people who do it are reputable and well trusted on the forum.

Soldato
Its saving several hundred quid on the option so its what I will do when mine arrives. From what I understand its not too bad and i've had remote coding done before, the people who do it are reputable and well trusted on the forum.

Chuffed to bits with Apple CarPlay by the way, the connection is quick and stable. Just wish the Google Maps screen was bigger :(

Soldato
Isn’t CarPlay now a subscription service that you pay for annually?

For the maps, make sure you are copying the contents to the root of the usb, you should end up with a few files and folders.

Then you have to go to the map update screen, at least I had to when I updated mine.

Caporegime
The thermostat seal was very perished and came off in bits and it took some persuasion to come out. New one just pushed straight in. Make sure you buy two new O rings that give the seal to the two metal pipes which lead into the block.
@Gaygle Have you got the part numbers for these ? Going next week for recall and can pick these up and finally get round to fitting the stat

Soldato
@Gaygle Have you got the part numbers for these ? Going next week for recall and can pick these up and finally get round to fitting the stat

I'd get 4 X number 6:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=WD92-EUR-07-2009-E92-BMW-M3&diagId=11_4116

Depending on how it comes out, you will probably only need two, but better to have all of the ones you need just in case.

You got the part number for the thermostat and temperature sensor already?

If you DIY the job just don't forget to drain the bloody reservoir. Also have some towels tucked around the bottom half of the thermostat housing ready for when you take off the top as a bit will come out. And antifreeze is horrible horrible stuff.

Associate
I'm currently bashing my head off a wall trying to update my car's map software. The car is currently on Road Map EUROPE Next 2015-1 (NBT_l14375A) and I've downloaded Road Map EUROPE Next 2018-2 through the connected drive USB map update.
I'm using a 64gb stick formatted in FAT32 - the files are all extracted etc but when I plug it into the car it just doesn't seem to recgonise the update.

I'm just waiting for the files to copy back to my usb pen on a 32GB FAT32 Partition to see if that helps at all.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Well.... In a last ditch effort to get this sorted I ordered another USB drive off amazon yesterday. Loaded the maps onto it the same way I've done with the other two drives, popped it into the car and BINGO it worked. Unless the car didn't like the other two USB drives, I've no idea what the issue could be but hey it's sorted now.

Caporegime
Well.... In a last ditch effort to get this sorted I ordered another USB drive off amazon yesterday. Loaded the maps onto it the same way I've done with the other two drives, popped it into the car and BINGO it worked. Unless the car didn't like the other two USB drives, I've no idea what the issue could be but hey it's sorted now.

Weird. Glad you've sorted it!

Soldato
Secondly I've driven one and wouldn't describe it as having deficiencies more that it is what it is, a diesel saloon and that's what it felt like.

As soon as you start pushing on the way the car rolls is ridiculous, granted I don't have Adaptive, but it's stupidly soft. I'd have upgraded before now if I still did as much social driving as I once did.

Soldato
Excuse the dirty carpets...

So the BMW M2 interior. Its a nice place to be and I love the driving/seat position. Seats aren't as fancy as M3/M4 seats but pretty comfortable and still hold you in place. I am gradually becoming more familiar with iDrive though I don't use the touch screen aspect. Some nice details on the doors, and the armrest is in just the right position.

The 'raw' carbon is very nice and different from the norm. Though as one youtube reviewer said it feels a bit like wicker. :D

In order to check on the instrument cluster your estimated range, mpg, average speed etc, you have to press a button the indicator stalk and cycle through each one - which feels very old school compared to the TT which was a lot easier to get to the info & displayed it better. Also with the car off and if the sun light catches it you can see the speed and rev counters are there so not fully.

A few dodgy plastics, particulary below the handbrake and the bottom on the glove box. I don't think the dash soft touch plastic is as good as the one in my previous car Audi TT. Imo bang & olufsen produced a much cleaner sound - however that's not to say the harman kardon is bad.

I also really miss having an electronic parking brake, and I do wish a leather trim dashboard was an option as per the M3.

46248774781_d855d599f5_b.jpg

31309628517_0c56b8c3a5_b.jpg

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Audi have BMW squarely beaten when it comes to interiors. Having said that, who cares when the rest of the car is an M2? :p

Soldato
Excuse the dirty carpets...

So the BMW M2 interior. Its a nice place to be and I love the driving/seat position. Seats aren't as fancy as M3/M4 seats but pretty comfortable and still hold you in place. I am gradually becoming more familiar with iDrive though I don't use the touch screen aspect. Some nice details on the doors, and the armrest is in just the right position.

The 'raw' carbon is very nice and different from the norm. Though as one youtube reviewer said it feels a bit like wicker. :D

In order to check on the instrument cluster your estimated range, mpg, average speed etc, you have to press a button the indicator stalk and cycle through each one - which feels very old school compared to the TT which was a lot easier to get to the info & displayed it better. Also with the car off and if the sun light catches it you can see the speed and rev counters are there so not fully.

A few dodgy plastics, particulary below the handbrake and the bottom on the glove box. I don't think the dash soft touch plastic is as good as the one in my previous car Audi TT. Imo bang & olufsen produced a much cleaner sound - however that's not to say the harman kardon is bad.

I also really miss having an electronic parking brake, and I do wish a leather trim dashboard was an option as per the M3.

46248774781_d855d599f5_b.jpg

31309628517_0c56b8c3a5_b.jpg
If the M2 software is like the e92 i have, you can select onboard computer on the idrive (theres quite a few menus to go through).

Soldato
So the glass half of the tailgate on my F11 has started repeatedly opening itself whenever the car is unlocked, even with the car locked/not running it is engaging and it is running the battery down.

I've removed the switch and unplugged it so it hopefully won't cause any issues but can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

Is BMW likely to be the only place to source one?

Soldato
Audi have BMW squarely beaten when it comes to interiors. Having said that, who cares when the rest of the car is an M2? :p

Eh? What Audi's are you looking at? Sit in an Audi if you want to know what the inside of Darth Vaders helmet looks like. Sit in a BMW if you want to remember the reason you bough a premium car, and not an Audi. I miss the F10 interior over the C7 S6. It's such a poverty place to sit by comparison.

Soldato
Soldato
Eh? What Audi's are you looking at? Sit in an Audi if you want to know what the inside of Darth Vaders helmet looks like. Sit in a BMW if you want to remember the reason you bough a premium car, and not an Audi. I miss the F10 interior over the C7 S6. It's such a poverty place to sit by comparison.
Lol

Soldato
On another note on the g30 (or other BMWs for that matter) is there a way to dim all the orange climate control lights? I find them quite distracting at night, I turn off the central display and that's quite good but would like to be able to remove more light...

Does the G30 not have a dimmer wheel by the light switch?

Man of Honour
I'd agree but the f2x/f3x interior from BMW is starting to look real dated (and yes I chuck them all in the same bucket - is there even a difference except you can get the leather dash in the 3/4er?). The a/c class and Audi A3/A4/A5 have all moved it up a notch both in quality and in having a more modern design (I'm sure some on here love the more classic BMW design too but it's certainly not 'new').

On another note on the g30 (or other BMWs for that matter) is there a way to dim all the orange climate control lights? I find them quite distracting at night, I turn off the central display and that's quite good but would like to be able to remove more light...

The F30 interior is a low point for BMW imho.

Caporegime
Turned up at Reading for my heater motor recall and visual inspection service which was apparently whilst I wait.

Need the car all day and now had to get a mate to pick me up

Don’t like the vibe of this place and reminds me why I dislike dealers. JLR felt much nicer when I went there for the evoque service.

Got the i8 roadster here which is quite nice but the rest of the tang all seem to have black interiors and the leather looks quite plastic compared to the E92. What changed ?

Man of Honour
Got the i8 roadster here which is quite nice but the rest of the tang all seem to have black interiors and the leather looks quite plastic compared to the E92. What changed ?

You have an M3 with Nappa leather. This has never been standard on the normal range. The regular e92 had the same leather as the current range.

Back
Top Bottom