BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Yes they have. It's live in the Vosa site for affected cars (eg mine).

Didn’t realise they had added the 6 cylinder models either way if it fails on a car that isn’t included in the recall they are still replacing them for free under good will.

Just checked mine missed the recall as it was a July or August 2015 build but got done under good will a couple of months out of warranty. (it had the extended warranty but was put through as good will, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just covered the excess)

Dealer said they are basically covering the egr on any car if it is leaking. Having a non dealer serviced car may affect the good will though.

Last edited:
Associate
The EGR radiator is the same on most diesels (N47 & N57 versions) mine failed on my N57 F30 330d and BMW certainly weren't replacing them for free.

Instead of the £700 + labour BMW normally charge, I paid £100 for one taken off a 320D with 20k miles on the clock before it got written off.

Soldato
This was recently though after the recall started.

It makes you wonder how they decided what to recall as the cooler is a problem all the way back to 2010 but only cars from 2012 to early 2015 are being recalled.

I’ve got a 2016 335d which I’m pretty sure is showing early signs of failure with a faint diesel whiff on a cold start but that is well outwith the recall window but still in warranty so going in for a checkup.

Soldato
Ok so I’ve narrowed down my heated leather issue.

Checked fuses. They were fine.

Looked underneath the seat to swap modules around. Noticed the passenger seat has a yellow cable coming out between the backrest and seat. This then plugs into another cable which looms into a yellow box which then goes into the module.

I noticed the drivers side does not have this but I swapped modules around anyway in the hope that I was wrong. Swapping modules did not work so I am certain the drivers side seat is not a heated version. I have asked eBay sellers to confirm if the underneath matches that of the passengers on the drivers side, which I think will be a yes. If that’s the case then I’ll change seats at some point.

EDIT: so I’ve been told the seats are indeed heated because they have both a yellow box and the black module. It seems I may have an extra wire missing from the seat loom which goes into the yellow box. I’ll update as I find further information but it all seems strange to me so far.

EDIT2: The yellow wire I am referring to is the occupancy sensor wire. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello
Long time lurker here
Does anyone have any experience of the advanced car eye 2.0 dash camera ?
Was thinking of having it fitted to an X3 that was recently purchased, did look at others makes etc but was tempted by this due to warranty issues etc?
Wanted some actual experience of the dash cam before we commit.
Thanks

Caporegime
Hello
Long time lurker here
Does anyone have any experience of the advanced car eye 2.0 dash camera ?
Was thinking of having it fitted to an X3 that was recently purchased, did look at others makes etc but was tempted by this due to warranty issues etc?
Wanted some actual experience of the dash cam before we commit.
Thanks

You'd be better off posting in the dashcam thread.

Caporegime
When I first saw the X7 I thought it looked really weird, but I actually quite like it now, it's different. A bit of a Rolls-Royce vibe going on.
I see your point to a degree, but, its a BMW not a Rolls, frankly Rolls could do what they wanted to the styling and the end product would still be the epitomy of luxury and style (in the eyes of some) BMW will just be still chasing the S-Class.....

Soldato
I know that feel haha!
Brake cleaner is your friend, shockingly effective at getting the gunk off.

I don’t mind at all. I usually do this with all used cars I purchase. It’s just simple stuff like red boost pipe, possibly intercooler (can’t hear a leak but gunked up at the front, could be leaking?), crank case breather pipe and maybe other few things in the engine if there is any.

Heated seat is the actual seat. The element inside is shot so I’ll have to live with it for now unless I can find a working seat for cheap.

Wing mirror is the driver side mirror I plan to tackle that this weekend as I have a hunch it may be the connectors either being corroded or broken from there.

Soldato
I don’t mind at all. I usually do this with all used cars I purchase. It’s just simple stuff like red boost pipe, possibly intercooler (can’t hear a leak but gunked up at the front, could be leaking?), crank case breather pipe and maybe other few things in the engine if there is any.

Heated seat is the actual seat. The element inside is shot so I’ll have to live with it for now unless I can find a working seat for cheap.

Wing mirror is the driver side mirror I plan to tackle that this weekend as I have a hunch it may be the connectors either being corroded or broken from there.

You can get the heating elements from the dealer and replace them, I replaced the seat covering on my Golf and it wasn't too bad taking it off and putting it back on.

They don't seem too expensive

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E90N/Europe/335d-M57N2/R-N/2010/browse/seats/seat_heating/

Soldato
You can get the heating elements from the dealer and replace them, I replaced the seat covering on my Golf and it wasn't too bad taking it off and putting it back on.

They don't seem too expensive

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E90N/Europe/335d-M57N2/R-N/2010/browse/seats/seat_heating/

Yes I’ve had a look. It’s just with the leather seats I’m sure you have to rip them apart, with cloth it isn’t so bad from what I’ve had a read of. Going to see how to tackle it first and go from there, but not anytime soon lol.

Back
Top Bottom