1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, Apr 12, 2012.

1. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I've never seen the reading that high, it resets to about 50k after fresh pads. It shouldn't really adjust, which is why it's so crap and useless as an indicator :D

I think the car is too cheap personally, it has a trade value of only just under your asking price and a retail value of almost 16k. Obviously you can't expect retail for a private sale but it should be worth more than trade money.

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Two different trade people have offered me £11,000 and £11,500 for it, respectively.

And the WBAC offer was £10,600!

3. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Generally they'll pay less for cars offered out of the blue than they will for cars they specifically want though.

4. arfoll

Wise Guy

New G20 3er has an ebrake like g30 5er. F30 is just old...

5. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

E89 Z4 is a generation older and has an electronic handbrake. It always struck me as odd the 3 series was introduced without one. The X3 has one too and it's the same platform and older.

6. Vita

Capodecina

Is the auto gearbox in the e60 lci 535d better than the one in the lci 335d? From my research it seems the one in the lci 335d is the same as the prelci e60 auto gearbox?

7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's largely the same box but it lacks the electronic shifter functionality that it has in the E60 as the E60 got the second gen model.

8. Vita

Capodecina

Ah right I see. Thanks for the reply.

9. Scania

Capodecina

If you don’t brake, why not? :D

10. IAmATeaf

Soldato

Drove my sons Golf GTI manual which has the e-brake and although it was a bit disconcerting at first in that I didn't trust it, once I got used to it I wondered why all cars don't come with it. Bit of a moot point for my 3 which is an auto but am definitely a fan, until it goes wrong and roll back into the car behind :D

11. iMacMart

Capodecina

Evening, so I've located the fuse box in the boot on the right and according to the card and this link the parking assist is 8, 134 I've checked location 134 it looks fine, I've gone lock to lock a few times but the issue still persists :( unless I'm reading the fuse board or pictures incorrectly, can someone confirm please :)

12. Scania

Capodecina

I’ve asked him earlier about this and he said try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes before doing the lock to lock recalibration, if it’s still playing up then unfortunately it looks like you need further investigation.

13. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

None of this random stuff is going to fix it. The message has appeared because the system has thrown a fault code, likely the control unit as the sensors tend to just either display all or nothing when they fail rather than flagging a code.

Never heard of fixing a pdc fault by putting the steering on full lock.

14. arfoll

Wise Guy

Didn't know in Z4, I guess the X3 was probably just US market decision :D

In the VAG cars the e-brake can be pulled for a little skid whilst driving, sadly can't be done with BMW - very very sad. Apart from that really e-brakes are great less space wasted with a handbrake.

15. IAmATeaf

Soldato

Saw an X2 today. God what an abomination, it's height looked squashed down which made it look podgy, still not as ugly as the 1 series but giving it a good run for its money!

16. ahenners

Wise Guy

I think it's uglier than a 1 series, the LCI largely fixed the droopy front end and made it palatable. At least the 1 series doesn't look like something large and heavy was dropped on it from height either. The X2 I saw recently also had ridiculous blingy 20 inch wheels too which doesn't seem sensible for the size of car.

17. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

I like the X2. Has a bit of design flair for once.

18. Rimsy

Mobster

I did too until I saw it from behind. Not nice.

19. rare

Soldato

20. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

Heeeeeere piggy piggy piggy *Squealing*

That's horrid, another ugly design from BMW.