BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
We a picking this 1 year old 440i up next week (waiting for V5C to be returned on our old car after a change of address). It's going to replace our Mini Cooper S, I was shocked when I saw you could get a decent 440i compared to the price of a Cooper S convertible.

1jYPrUT.png

Estoril blue, one of my favourite colours since the E36!

Extra options are (I'm aware some of these are part of the packs but easier to copy/paste :D):
  • Advanced Parking Package
  • Convertible Comfort Package
  • 19? M Star Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Reversing Assist Camera
  • Surround-view Cameras
  • Park Assist
  • DAB Digital Radio
  • USB Audio Interface
  • Air Collar
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Electric Front Seats + Driver Memory
  • Heated Steering Wheel

Soldato
We a picking this 1 year old 440i up next week (waiting for V5C to be returned on our old car after a change of address). It's going to replace our Mini Cooper S, I was shocked when I saw you could get a decent 440i compared to the price of a Cooper S convertible.

1jYPrUT.png

Estoril blue, one of my favourite colours since the E36!

Extra options are (I'm aware some of these are part of the packs but easier to copy/paste :D):
  • Advanced Parking Package
  • Convertible Comfort Package
  • 19? M Star Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Reversing Assist Camera
  • Surround-view Cameras
  • Park Assist
  • DAB Digital Radio
  • USB Audio Interface
  • Air Collar
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Electric Front Seats + Driver Memory
  • Heated Steering Wheel

Nice spec. Have you got any more pics of that Mexico?

Soldato
I had my "key read" yesterday to confirm when the car needs to be serviced. Seems I'm still not used to the message as the message 10000 with 04/19 means that my MOT/inspection is due and not that the car needs to be serviced which according to the data is 10/2019.

What did surprise me is what the car/key records, so it recorded that I carried on driving above 50mph when the TPMS system reported low pressure in one of the tyres and it recorded the low oil warning I had a few months back. There were several error/fault codes related to the navigation system and the climate control?

I sheepishly asked if it also recorded the speeds to which I got the rather sheepish reply, "maybe" :)

Associate
Put a deposit down on a 2017 LCI M4 yesterday - picking it up on Friday. Coming from an F82 430d so should be a nice step up.

Any hints or tips I should know from current M3/M4 owners?

Soldato
Put a deposit down on a 2017 LCI M4 yesterday - picking it up on Friday. Coming from an F82 430d so should be a nice step up.

Any hints or tips I should know from current M3/M4 owners?
Yes, put decent tyres on it. Front end of the M3/M4 is amazingly good but the back end, especially on poor tyres, can be wayward especially compared to the rest of the 3/4 series. I switched from the Conti Sport Contact 5S that came on the car to Michelin PS4S and the difference is staggering (in a good way!), especially on cold damp roads.

Caporegime
Sell it an get an M with a proper engine ;)

Can only echo the comment on tyres. These cars need the best tyres. I think the LCI models are better for traction out of corners. The earlier ones have too much low down which make them step out.

What colour is the M4?

Man of Honour
https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903015429255?location=London, UK&quoteref=0f045883-fff2-4d4c-8602-f4d76dc5fa2f

What do people think? I’m assuming it would have Hk sound as it is msport even though it’s not listed.

I’m not entirely worried of 535 or 530, but seems a good overal spec. I’ve given up looking for comfort seats or adaptive drive as both seem to be rare.

It doesn't have HK.

It's either a separate option or included with M Sport Plus.

Associate
Yes, put decent tyres on it. Front end of the M3/M4 is amazingly good but the back end, especially on poor tyres, can be wayward especially compared to the rest of the 3/4 series. I switched from the Conti Sport Contact 5S that came on the car to Michelin PS4S and the difference is staggering (in a good way!), especially on cold damp roads.

It's already got Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it so happy about that. The pics on BMW AUC website show contis but the dealership must have put new tyres on it. I put Michelin PS4s on my 430d and the difference was night and day compared to the Goodyear runflats.

Sell it an get an M with a proper engine ;)

Can only echo the comment on tyres. These cars need the best tyres. I think the LCI models are better for traction out of corners. The earlier ones have too much low down which make them step out.

What colour is the M4?

Haha :D

I wouldn't have wanted to go older than my current car so the V8 was out of the equation. Happy with my choice though, had some fun on the test drive and nothing to complain about.

It's black sapphire with the 437m wheels. Not my first choice of colour (San Marino Blue :eek:) but happy with the spec and condition which was important to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903015429255?location=London, UK&quoteref=0f045883-fff2-4d4c-8602-f4d76dc5fa2f

What do people think? I’m assuming it would have Hk sound as it is msport even though it’s not listed.

I’m not entirely worried of 535 or 530, but seems a good overal spec. I’ve given up looking for comfort seats or adaptive drive as both seem to be rare.

Is it just me or does that not have gearshift paddles? Thought these would be standard on a 535 or is sports auto a required option for that

Associate
Is it just me or does that not have gearshift paddles? Thought these would be standard on a 535 or is sports auto a required option for that

It’s the sports auto transmission option. I’m not that worried about them to be honest. I used the paddles only occasionally when I had loaner caymans and boxsters and this is an estate, so I’m not sure I’d use them often at all.

Back
Top Bottom