BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Following on from Em3bbs post here BMW and M Power Owners where he purchased an M40i.

I have finally managed to purchase one after looking around since the beginning of December.

Its a 2018 M40i with in Carbon Black with individual Fiona red Merino Leather interior (not to everyones taste but I love it and it looks even better in the flesh). It has a great spec list including all the M sport plus pack items even though the pack wasn't out when this was built, Panoramic sunroof, Park assist plus (surround cameras), comfort package, tech package, front and rear heated seats, heated steering wheel and the all important factory fitted electric towbar.

To say I am blown away by it is a massive understatement, the whole package is awesome and the engine is a real peach and such a change moving away from the F11 530d which itself was a wonderful car for the 6.5 years I had it. This has loads of low down power so doesn't need to rev much at all to make progress unlike the last auto petrol cars I've driven and when you open it up there's loads of power. It really has made driving fun again.

I'm going to get the car booked in for paint correction and Ceramic coat in the next few weeks if anyone has any recommendations around the surrey area. I'm currently looking at https://www.ceramicprolondon.com/ or https://www.dsrperfection.com/ as a starting point.
Y0kJNFg.jpg
He1WOGe.jpg 5TnFS7s.jpg
A2RtnA2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
But you can just push the transmission shifter forwards or backwards to change gear if you really want. TBH I tend to do that even though I have paddles in my 6.

Thats how i drive mine too, paddles on wheels don't work for me as i only have one hand on the wheel, plus knocking the gearstick is racecar innit.

The contrast works quite well imo. I'd get you steering wheel looked at though it thats how it sits with the wheels pointing straight:p.

Soldato
But you can just push the transmission shifter forwards or backwards to change gear if you really want. TBH I tend to do that even though I have paddles in my 6.
You can, but then you're driving one-handed, especially with the rate you can be changing gears in an 8-speed compared to a 6-speed. At least it feels that way anyways. It just feels more natural to have my hands on the steering wheel all the time I guess.

Caporegime
Who uses the stick to manually change anyway.

On a ‘normal’car drive. Normally I doubt you need the paddles. I use them all the time on the M3 but never on the Evoque.

Associate
Just purchased a 2008 E88 135i, absolutely love it. Needs a good DA polish to remove the swirls as it's black, but apart from that, there's very little cosmetically wrong.

What I would like to know, is there anyway to increase the 'Whiteness' of the 'angel eye' rings, without resorting to tacky eBay LED's? The Xenon's make the rings look a little out of place being yellow, yet I don't want to end up with a bodge :D

Associate
Picked up the M4 yesterday - absolutely in love with it! Still playing around with all the settings and getting used to the DCT over the ZF. A completely different car in every way to my previous F82 430d.

20190322_172542_zpsspx03cqa.png

Caporegime
Given how similar it looks to even that 3 series a few posts below I think this is a slight exaggeration :D
In fairness, having driven an M4, it’s hard to believe they are actually of the same model range, the difference is striking from behind the wheel at least....

Just as a G30 or F10 M5 is a world away from its 520d stablemates, they are in a different league even if almost wearing the same suits.

Associate
How do people find living with Oyster Dakota leather?
I’ve seen quite a nice car which is black with the oyster interior. How easy is it to live with? Would people avoid with a 1 year old?

Thanks

Soldato
I’ve seen quite a nice car which is black with the oyster interior. How easy is it to live with? Would people avoid with a 1 year old?

Thanks

I got an F10 LCI in that config (carbon black paint with Oyster interior) and I was quite reluctant at first due to some stories explaining how difficult it is to keep it clean.

When I first went to see the car, the interior seemed quite dirty and not as bright as you would expect it, with some dark patches on the leather seats. After it's had a thorough clean, it was virtually spotless. 6 months in, and I've got a few darker patches from jeans and other materials that stain, but they're fairly easy to get rid off. As long as you keep the leather clean with a damp cloth and an occasional leather conditioner run, you should be able to keep it pristine.

The Oyster interior really brightens up the car, and I love the feel inside it. It makes it appear more spacious and premium than the all black interior, especially with the added sunroof.

Soldato

Thanks

I had Oyster on my F11 for 6.5 years with two kids climbing in and out of it. I never ever cleaned it other than hoovering it and it stayed really nice. Even with the kids munching food on long journeys in the back. I never wore clothes that leached dye into it though.

Associate
I had Oyster on my F11 for 6.5 years with two kids climbing in and out of it. I never ever cleaned it other than hoovering it and it stayed really nice. Even with the kids munching food on long journeys in the back. I never wore clothes that leached dye into it though.

I wear jeans at weekends, but if they were washed..etc it surely can’t be that bad at leaching dye right?

This is the car I’ve been looking at:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/...quoteref=9c980f0e-8104-4e43-9c41-2bdcb9926f3a

Associate
Given how similar it looks to even that 3 series a few posts below I think this is a slight exaggeration :D

Ha, you know what I mean ;)

In fairness, having driven an M4, it’s hard to believe they are actually of the same model range, the difference is striking from behind the wheel at least....

Just as a G30 or F10 M5 is a world away from its 520d stablemates, they are in a different league even if almost wearing the same suits.

Exactly this. I wasn't expecting a huge difference apart from a lot more power but the way the car drives and handles is a whole world apart...

Back
Top Bottom