BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
I didn't realise the key records certain events. What does it record exactly, and what is it used for?

Have a 2018 X3. Does anyone know whether these keys deactivate the transmitter once planned down?

Other half keeps hitting the boot button, as a result, the boot was open all night last week! Luckily we had no rain.

Associate
So why a 535d at all? I found that the 530d is much better value and will allow you into a newer or better spec car for the money. And with 0-60 in 5.8 its hardly slow.

I’m not focused on a 535D, just not many tourings available at the moment and the spec seemed nice. I want a 530d, but would happily take a 535 if it came up with the right options and price.

Caporegime
https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903015429255?location=London, UK&quoteref=0f045883-fff2-4d4c-8602-f4d76dc5fa2f

What do people think? I’m assuming it would have Hk sound as it is msport even though it’s not listed.

I’m not entirely worried of 535 or 530, but seems a good overal spec. I’ve given up looking for comfort seats or adaptive drive as both seem to be rare.

The issue with 20k plus F10/11s is the G30/31 is available under 30k.

Just a local example - it's not approved used and its an SE but:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812083094170?postcode=le158lh&radius=40&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=30000&sort=recommended&price-from=20000&make=BMW&advertising-location=at_cars&body-type=Estate&model=5 SERIES&page=1

Newer by 2 years, half the mileage.

Associate

I had a brief look previously, but my original budget was 20 and I could push to 22 for a good example, but I would struggle to get a G31 for that without base spec and 2.0l. I quite like the F11 and though the G31 would be a better car, I am happy to have more options and a 3.0 diesel. I think in 24 months a G31 might have been possible, but I can’t delay changing cars that long.

Soldato
I didn't realise the key records certain events. What does it record exactly, and what is it used for?

Have a 2018 X3. Does anyone know whether these keys deactivate the transmitter once planned down?

Other half keeps hitting the boot button, as a result, the boot was open all night last week! Luckily we had no rain.

I read somewhere that dealers can code it so it stops accidental boot openings, might be worth asking your dealer?

Associate
I read somewhere that dealers can code it so it stops accidental boot openings, might be worth asking your dealer?

I’m going to have to. Boot was open all night long. Just thankful that it didn’t rain, otherwise, would have been a much worse and possibly water damaged.

What setting do they apply? Someone mentioned you can disable the boot opening of the doors are locked.

Soldato
I’m going to have to. Boot was open all night long. Just thankful that it didn’t rain, otherwise, would have been a much worse and possibly water damaged.

What setting do they apply? Someone mentioned you can disable the boot opening of the doors are locked.
Have a check here https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=666

I think there is a way to code it so you have to have the car unlocked, or press the boot button twice. I have my key in a loose coat pocket (although have comfort access, not sure if you do) so I've not sat on it or anything. When the summer comes and I've got the key in my jeans pocket this could become an issue though, so I'm thinking of looking into the same thing.

Associate
Have a check here https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=666

I think there is a way to code it so you have to have the car unlocked, or press the boot button twice. I have my key in a loose coat pocket (although have comfort access, not sure if you do) so I've not sat on it or anything. When the summer comes and I've got the key in my jeans pocket this could become an issue though, so I'm thinking of looking into the same thing.
That's great, thank you.

I wonder if I walk in they'll re-code my keys. I'll have to give my local dealer a call.

On the flip side, I am really enjoying the X3 3.0D. It's an M Sport with the Plus package, it's perfect size wise.

Soldato
I have sports automatic in my 530d and I never use the paddles. Pointless.

I wouldn't call them pointless? Manual gear shifting is much better when going for an enthusiastic drive out. I find the car holds to 5K which is a bit pointless, that and the gear coming out of corners isn't always right so it'll quickly jump down a gear when you put your foot down, I prefer to be in the right gear coming into the corner.

Don
I wouldn't call them pointless? Manual gear shifting is much better when going for an enthusiastic drive out. I find the car holds to 5K which is a bit pointless, that and the gear coming out of corners isn't always right so it'll quickly jump down a gear when you put your foot down, I prefer to be in the right gear coming into the corner.

But you can just push the transmission shifter forwards or backwards to change gear if you really want. TBH I tend to do that even though I have paddles in my 6.

Caporegime
If 575bhp is your thing, personally I’d be looking at an M5 rather than an X5, they are epic for what they are (Brother in law had an X5 M550d which was bonkers) but the M5 just kills it in terms of a drivers car imo.

If you want cheap motoring then yes,you’d be mad, if you want a 4.4 V8 Petrol SUV type car with deep pockets to match its cost then no. :)

I’d at least try it back to back with a saloon equivalent although an M5 would be older with more miles which I’m guessing wouldn’t be your preference?

Man of Honour
I wouldn't call them pointless?

I've had the car 3 years and can't recall the last time I used them for any meaningful purpose. The box is just always in the right gear no matter what I want to do. It's odd as I particularly sought one out with Sport Automatic Transmission and dismissed cars that didn't have it...

Back
Top Bottom