BMW and M Power Owners

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My F11's saga to self destruction continues as it is becoming more of a money pit. Pulley (fan?) went and is costing £990 :( (6 for the part, the rest labour)

Warranty would have been wise with this one but god damn I've never had a BMW throw up so many problems before!

Man of Honour
My F11's saga to self destruction continues as it is becoming more of a money pit. Pulley (fan?) went and is costing £990 :( (6 for the part, the rest labour)

Warranty would have been wise with this one but god damn I've never had a BMW throw up so many problems before!
Given that the overall consensus in this thread is that you should get warranty, why didn’t you?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Owned BMW's my whole life, never needed one (until apparently now) so never bothered, especially as it was in the 60k+ miles price bracket. Must be getting close to £10k just keeping it on road :( Not worth it for a derv.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Given that the overall consensus in this thread is that you should get warranty, why didn’t you?
The very essence of the business of an insured warranty is that it is not financially worth it on average. It couldn't exist if it were.

This guy has been incredibly unlucky, perhaps, but by his own admission he drives the thing as if it were a hire car. Actually, this driving style feeds back to him probably tipping it towards needing a warranty :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Would they be old enough to have a Cassette player? On a side note, I've not seen heating controls like that for years, I swear at that point every manufacturer in the world must have used the same one.
Never seen those heated seat buttons outside a Z3..
As for the tape deck, the Z3 came out in 1995 and the M in 1998, and as Fox said, you could get tape decks on BMWs in the early 00s.

My favourite was the MiniDisc option :D

Soldato
Never seen those heated seat buttons outside a Z3..
As for the tape deck, the Z3 came out in 1995 and the M in 1998, and as Fox said, you could get tape decks on BMWs in the early 00s.

My favourite was the MiniDisc option :D
sorry, I meant the hot cold dials. They look the same as my mums old fiat pinto from 1996:p. I didn't honestly realuse the z3 was that old, I thought it came out in early 00's.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
sorry, I meant the hot cold dials. They look the same as my mums old fiat pinto from 1996:p. I didn't honestly realuse the z3 was that old, I thought it came out in early 00's.
The z3 was the bond car in Goldeneye. Massive giveaway as to how old it is and when it came out :)

Soldato
Swapped my E82 135i that was birds modified with their suspension and quaife diff for a M2. TBH should have kept the 135i, not sure the fuss around the M2. Will prob take a bath on ££ and swap for a 981 Porsche

Soldato
Wow you guy are bad with bond.
Goldeneye = Z3 -> in everyone's defense I think the car is not in the film long and there is also a DB5
Tommorow Never Dies = 7er e38 -> imho best james bond car scene right there!
World is not enough = Z8
Remote control car round the multistory. I don't remember the z3 in goldeneye, I do remember discussing the z8 as I had thought it was a z3 due to it being a while since id seen the film.

Back
Top Bottom