BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
But I can’t tell the bloody difference between plain old 16/44 and all the new high res stuff at home
the tidal high-res stuff, I'm familiar with, are frequently different masters, w/o the dynamic compression you get on many modern cd's/mp3's which are designed for the ipod+ generation, people with their headphones on, wandering the streets.

but - if you had a choice in a bmw between, say a sunroof, heated seats/steering wheel versus say the HK, or BW option with better speakers, my money would be on the latter.

Soldato
A backwards step IMO, who wants that massive lump hanging around in their pocket the whole time. Not once have i ever wished for yet another smart device in my pocket. If manufacturers wish to load us with all of this superfluous technology, it should be via smart phone apps so at least we can use the (better) device which we already carry.

IMO only of course, i dislike most smart devices bar a phone.
Yep I agree the display key is silly and using technology for the sake of using it rather than actually making it a decent user experience

Soldato
I can only aspire to those aspirations :(

You have a decent HiFi system. I'm the same and can't think of anything to move to as it just does everything incredibly well.

I'm coming back to the BMW fold and the Mrs picked up the new beast today whilst I'm abroad with work.

The HK system is leaps and bounds ahead of the base audio system. Base was horrific, but putting in some 5" Audison coax speakers was a revelation. But then again, they showed up the limits of the crap Head Unit built in Weasley amp.

Looking forward to trying some Audison components in place of the HK front mid and tweeter.

Want to getting back and have a play, hopefully we won't be in Lockdown.

Last edited:
Soldato
After my X3 was stolen a few weeks ago, I got paid out by the insurance company and decided to go for something smaller - I was torn between a Mini or an i3 but went for the latter. It was quite hard to get one with the big nav screen and park assist but I found one which I picked up today. Very different to the m40i but really fun to drive.

C9AI4At.jpg

Soldato
Much better than a mini and surprisingly good fun to drive. I toured Norway in one and other than range anxiety, I though it was great. Is the range better these days?
Hah I'm not sure yet, but it has the range extender so I can chuck some petrol in if needed. I'll be looking into outside chargers over the next week or so, the plan being to put one by my garage door/driveway.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
After my X3 was stolen a few weeks ago, I got paid out by the insurance company and decided to go for something smaller - I was torn between a Mini or an i3 but went for the latter. It was quite hard to get one with the big nav screen and park assist but I found one which I picked up today. Very different to the m40i but really fun to drive.
Snap! Any interior shots? I wasn’t really looking for one when I got mine but it’s fully loaded and snapped it up after a test drive. Shame not many people spec them properly.
Much better than a mini and surprisingly good fun to drive. I toured Norway in one and other than range anxiety, I though it was great. Is the range better these days?
Bloody hell, I get range anxiety on my 12-mile commute! How the **** did you tour Norway?!

Caporegime
My mrs has a 2012 1 series coupe, the steering column creaks when turning, is this a common problem?

Yes but can have a few causes. Some very minor, some serious. Had it on my 3 series and it was caused by the column rubbing on trim when it was rotated.
Other suspects are the gromit through the main bulkhead or the bottom bearing drying out.

Caporegime
Speaking of off noises. The fuel filler lock actuator on my 440 has just started... what I can only describe as chirping. It used to be practically silent, save for the noise of the actuator reaching the stop. But now when unlocking the car, the actuator is LOUD, worryingly so.

I did do a google, but could only find a single thread where the owner essentially got berated for even bringing it up, but the fact is that the sound has changed practically overnight, and thus could be indicative of impending failure.

Has anyone else experienced this, I’m wondering if it’s related to the amount of rain we’ve been having and is possibly a lubrication issue.

Back
Top Bottom