BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Eek. I am looking to order a M235i as well. Knew they were not to everyone’s taste. How long is your wait between ordering and delivery? I am trying to time my delivery with my current PCP ending. Waiting to see storm bay grey in the flesh, as it is a choice between that and red. However I am after a magma red interior and think it would clash with the exterior being red as they are not the same shade.

Although seeing all the divided opinions on the 2 series GC I did spec up a 340i on the BMW website. Which was a mistake as I thought I had decided what I was going to order.
The dealership found a open slot so delivery is expected on the 15th June. As for the 3 series M cars, too large, as I am looking at compact saloons, and more expensive. Not a looker either in my opinion...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Went to a local dealer yesterday and TBH wasn't impressed with the service. Spoke to a sales man, I knew the lady I'd been dealing with via email wasn't in and I also knew they didn't have a 128ti in, only a m135i. I asked for a look round and the man said sure, go ahead and buggered off, never to be seen again. The car was locked as well so couldn't even look inside other than through the window. I'm not the usual BMW buyer it's true, but that shouldn't matter.

Then the two 1 series they had, a 118d and the m135i, were both Black which seems like a strange decision to me, you'd think they would at least spec them in different colours and both had the black leather too, again not great for showing prospective customers their options. This then meant I had to look outside at their approved used to find a Mineral Grey which, although the sun wasn't shining and the cars actually looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks (entirely possible I suppose given they'd just reopened the dealership) didn't seem to pop and seemed quite flat. The Misano Blue though, wow, it looked fantastic in the daylight, really popped out among the other cars which were mostly 'normal' BMW colours, Grey, Black and Dark Blue.

Soldato
Went to a local dealer yesterday and TBH wasn't impressed with the service. Spoke to a sales man, I knew the lady I'd been dealing with via email wasn't in and I also knew they didn't have a 128ti in, only a m135i. I asked for a look round and the man said sure, go ahead and buggered off, never to be seen again. The car was locked as well so couldn't even look inside other than through the window. I'm not the usual BMW buyer it's true, but that shouldn't matter.

Then the two 1 series they had, a 118d and the m135i, were both Black which seems like a strange decision to me, you'd think they would at least spec them in different colours and both had the black leather too, again not great for showing prospective customers their options. This then meant I had to look outside at their approved used to find a Mineral Grey which, although the sun wasn't shining and the cars actually looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks (entirely possible I suppose given they'd just reopened the dealership) didn't seem to pop and seemed quite flat. The Misano Blue though, wow, it looked fantastic in the daylight, really popped out among the other cars which were mostly 'normal' BMW colours, Grey, Black and Dark Blue.
Welcome to modern car buying. It's a volume business. You turned the salesman off immediately by saying your being dealt with by someone else. This is a universal way to turn off a salesmen, not just limited to cars :p

Soldato
I did tell the lady who was off I was coming down to look, I guess she never advised anyone I'd be coming. I was just disappointed at their attitude.
Yeah when we went in to test drive the M135 we had to have an appointment and weren't allowed to open the cars in the showroom (we could as you said look through the windows) but they were literally telling people who just rocked up that they would have to make an appointment and come back as they couldn't just have people poking about in the showroom, she checked our licences, got us to sign the agreement for their insurance and gave us the keys to the car and said she couldn't come with us due to the covid rules but if we could have it back within an hour or so she would appreciate it.

With the current situation I think to just turn up to a showroom with no appointment and expect the full red carpet treatment during a global pandemic is a bit optimistic and maybe you should've dealt with the person you were emailing and arranged an appointment with her.

Soldato
I did tell the lady who was off I was coming down to look, I guess she never advised anyone I'd be coming. I was just disappointed at their attitude.
I had the same from a Mercedes dealership, but actually had made an appointment to see the salesperson. When I turned up at the agreed time I was informed that the salesperson was on their day off so they had to rustle up another quickly but even then I wasn't offered a beverage.
It happens sometimes so I don't tar every dealership by that experience. My experience at BMW was the opposite to yours but I'd made an appointment to meet a salesperson and have a test drive. All was a very good experience..

Soldato
Finally joining the M family! Convinced the wife she needed a better and faster car. Having owned a 1.2 polo 9n3 for the past 6 years shes finally moving up lol. She was sad to see it go but it was rusting quite badly.

Opted for the M140i in Alpine White with the ZF box and a nice list of optional extras.

Pro Nav
Heated seats
Folding mirrors with anti fog
Cruise control
Comfort access system
Adaptive LED Headlights with auto high beam assist
Adaptive suspension
HK Audio system
PDC rear + camera
Auto High beam
Dual zone climate control

An absolute joy to drive, plenty of power when needed.

YwQ87My.jpg

lDPXEkL.jpg

Man of Honour
thanks is that the 3.0 engine?

The only 6 cylinder petrol 5 Series in the current generation (2017 onwards) is the 540i (which has become the 545e in the facelift saloon). These are considerably more expensive than the 520i - to the point that you get a 3-4 year old 540i for the price of a less than 6 month old 520i. The 530i is the same engine as the 520i, but with more power.

Back
Top Bottom