BMW and M Power Owners

Is the new 2 series 'm-lite' and M2 based on the hideous thing, that basically looks like a 1 series from the front, but with the ugliest rear end on any car on sale today?

No. It's a different platform that needs to support I6 engines and be rear wheel drive/biased. The new 2 series coupe will be out in 2022.

The M235i gran coupe which you might have seen isnt the replacement for the previous m235i/m240i.

did the dealer tell you about the delay of orders as I got this from inchcape

M235i offer. We are taking factory orders for delivery end of September. There are shortages world wide of microchips so all our cars are coming without Harman Kardan, comfort access and wireless charging until the microchip production worldwide improves.

I normally leave a new car purchases so that they time line up with my current PCP coming to an end. Still deciding what I want, but it seems I'll need to make a decision earlier. I hate these forums I had considered a M235i, but then people talk about other models and I get side tracked. Maybe I like ugly cars as I like the M235i, but I also like the new 4 seires coupe!

Or blue, which looks lovely.

There is no credible financial reason (Any minor cost saving in fuel is probably more than cancelled out by what appear to be weaker residuals) so it will come down to whether you find the silent electric driving side of things appealing or not. To be honest, with the notable exception of the very small fuel tank in the 330e with the latest 330e I'd be asking the other question - what does a 330i offer over it?

Don’t you get much more boot space in the 330i? I think the Touring version loses about 100L which makes the boot no better than a Golf’s.

image0.jpg

3k miles old :(

On the microchips front, the company I work for build lasers and we've also had issues getting certain chips, can't blame bmw for that one:p.
Currently a 4-5 month lead time on a G20 330i apparently. Perhaps things are finally settling down, as I remember my dad always waiting 6 months or so for his company cars back in the day.

I'm looking at used M3's, M4's and even M5's. Why is the light colour interior so rare (I think it's called Silverstone?), does it wear more than the darker one, ie jeans etc? Also, is there a cheaper way to get the PCP as the APR seems quite high. Then again I might just get a bank loan and use some savings and buy it outright.

I really like the look of this one and it doesn't have the stupid black wheels on it, but again it's the dark interior:
https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/bmw/used-cars/2019-bmw-m4-coupe-competition-package-2-door-1

Last edited:
I’ve got silverstone interior on my f80. I’ve only done about 4k miles since last July but no sign of any extra wear or Jean marks. I do wipe the seats every so often with dr leather wipes though

I'm looking at used M3's, M4's and even M5's. Why is the light colour interior so rare (I think it's called Silverstone?), does it wear more than the darker one, ie jeans etc? Also, is there a cheaper way to get the PCP as the APR seems quite high. Then again I might just get a bank loan and use some savings and buy it outright.

I really like the look of this one and it doesn't have the stupid black wheels on it, but again it's the dark interior:
https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/bmw/used-cars/2019-bmw-m4-coupe-competition-package-2-door-1
I think there's a belief that cream/grey leather stains easily... hard to maintain etc. In reality it's not, it just requires a quick wipe every once so often

I think there's a belief that cream/grey leather stains easily... hard to maintain etc. In reality it's not, it just requires a quick wipe every once so often

Thanks, I think I'll go for it after some test drives and seeing in person again.

Used PCP rates are always silly, absolutely not worth doing, go the bank loan route instead.

Cheers, will do.

Back
Top Bottom