BMW and M Power Owners

Any of you guys can help? The wifes ipad connects iTunes via blutooth and I get full library, track listings up, graphics etc. My android phone with Spotify plays but no option to search tracks, no graphics etc using iDrive which is a pain. 2020 530d.

But unless the car was new you've likely done this whilst paying a huge interest rate. That's the issue with PCP on used cars.
Unsecured loans aren't going to be much better than good used car finance above £25k. The only logical conclusion is to stick within the £25k affordability barrier to not pay silly interest rates.

However this is motors where half the forum pays car insurance monthly, so who cares about the total cost anyway :p

Edit:
Thanks. I'm going to wait a bit I think. I'm around 26 months into my PCP on the M140i and I've just reached positive equity. I need to build up some more as bank loan rates start to get expensive above £25k and I don't really want to burn most of my savings to bridge the gap.

If your savings are growing slower than the interest on your car, it makes sense to tap into savings. Unless you need quick emergency access to it, of course.

Last edited:
I had my ID5 updated to ID6 and had CarPlay along with a video in motion codded for lifetime today. I don't have an iPhone though, but only paid £** for this and also got a 2021 map pack to update. Took the guy 5-10 min to do it remotely. lol

Last edited:
If your savings are growing slower than the interest on your car, it makes sense to tap into savings. Unless you need quick emergency access to it, of course.
They are in premium bonds. I've done quite well with winning so it's worked out far better than any savings account would. I just like to have rainy day money for emergencies, or a nice cash fund for furniture, new kitchen etc.

What?

Are you sure you don't just mean you had the interface setting changed to show the other menu structure? Actually upgrading ID5 to ID6 requires new hardware. If you've just had the car coded surely it's still ID5?
Yes, it just had the software update. I'll be more precise next time, especially for you ;)

Hi Guys

finally bought my first BMW, went for an approved used 2019 520i G30. Collecting it on Saturday can’t wait.

I have been told by the dealer it doesn’t have CarPlay and is not compatible with this model. Is this true? I thought it was an optional software upgrade via idrive for a fee?

Been offered near what I paid for my Z4 35iS 2 years and 20k miles later...

Im thinking of selling, but then I’ve noticed that the whole used car market has gone up.

Used approved M4’s were starting at £25k.... they are now £30k

I can drive my partners Mini for 6 months, do we think the market will be back to normalcy then?

Im thinking of selling, but then I’ve noticed that the whole used car market has gone up.

I can drive my partners Mini for 6 months, do we think the market will be back to normalcy then?
We laid a load of folk off in November because "world was ending" and now we are on a hiring spree. In summary, who knows :p

I noticed, a decent M135i is now £17-18k. Not paying that, I'll keep my car for a while longer :p

A friend of mine came around last night to show me his new purchase, a 2 and a bit year old 740Ld with 43k miles, which he picked up for £30k. It's a HELL of a lot of car for that money!

We spent an hour or so bimbling about in it trying out the different modes and it really is a lovely thing to drive, or be driven in. Plenty quick enough (though subtle about doing it), reasonably sharp to drive about in Sport mode and exceptionally comfortable in Comfort Plus, really soaking up bumps and undulations in the road surface, plus Adaptive Drive is clever though it's very difficult to tell exactly what it's doing. The massage seats are funky, rear leg room is hilariously good, rear seats recline too and if you're sat behind the passenger you can move THEIR seat as well for even more legroom!

It's obviously worlds apart from my M3, but I didn't half feel tempted to look after spending a bit of time in it.

A friend of mine came around last night to show me his new purchase, a 2 and a bit year old 740Ld with 43k miles, which he picked up for £30k. It's a HELL of a lot of car for that money!

We spent an hour or so bimbling about in it trying out the different modes and it really is a lovely thing to drive, or be driven in. Plenty quick enough (though subtle about doing it), reasonably sharp to drive about in Sport mode and exceptionally comfortable in Comfort Plus, really soaking up bumps and undulations in the road surface, plus Adaptive Drive is clever though it's very difficult to tell exactly what it's doing. The massage seats are funky, rear leg room is hilariously good, rear seats recline too and if you're sat behind the passenger you can move THEIR seat as well for even more legroom!

It's obviously worlds apart from my M3, but I didn't half feel tempted to look after spending a bit of time in it.

Did you look up the warranty prices too?! :D

They are an incredible cars at that value......and now I am off to Autotrader. (B stard) :D

I'd 100% have a 7 series if it wasn't for the unnecessarily inflated ownership costs. The engine, gearbox, etc etc is all the same as those found in the 3 and 5 Series so paying as much as 4 times the cost for a warranty because it says 7 on the back doesn't work for me. If it genuinely was a completely different car I'd understand a bit more..

I'd 100% have a 7 series if it wasn't for the unnecessarily inflated ownership costs. The engine, gearbox, etc etc is all the same as those found in the 3 and 5 Series so paying as much as 4 times the cost for a warranty because it says 7 on the back doesn't work for me. If it genuinely was a completely different car I'd understand a bit more..
Do they go wrong much?

I went for a BMW AUC 2014 F01 LCI 730d on the basis the value is just incredible. It's a brilliant car and does everything so well. Sport mode firms things up and you can really hustle it along nicely when required.

The only downside I can see is the warranty, the servicing etc seems reasonable at the main dealer (for keeping full BMWSH).

RdeIrTl.jpg

I went for a BMW AUC 2014 F01 LCI 730d on the basis the value is just incredible. It's a brilliant car and does everything so well. Sport mode firms things up and you can really hustle it along nicely when required.

The only downside I can see is the warranty, the servicing etc seems reasonable at the main dealer (for keeping full BMWSH).

RdeIrTl.jpg
I had one of these on loan for a bit when one of my cars was being fixed. Cracking thing, big and wafty but could lift up it's legs when needed. Same colour and age as yours as I recall. Enjoyed it, 5 series turned up to 11 with some of the sporty stuff removed.

Back
Top Bottom