1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. rG-tom

Sgarrista

I guess it depends how much equity he had before and how high his interest rates were - if he's gone from 10% equity to 30% equity because of that extra 100k of cash being "injected", then he could be paying half the interest rate which might more than offset the net 25k increased purchase price....

2. Basher

Sgarrista

That's not really true because:
    1) The increase in property allows you to borrow more against it for other purchases (e.g. extension, whatever)
    2) The increase in property value creates a more favourable LTV when you remortgage, meaning lower interest rates.

3. shiver

Wise Guy

I am currently in the market for a M2 Competition. What packs are must haves? And can you get CarPlay enabled by a dealership if it is not already?

4. ChrisD.

Caporegime

No, you can't as if it's not enabled the car won't have the wireless adaptor fitted and BMW won't retrospectively do it (well, they wouldn't for me). It is however extremely easy to order one and fit yourself plus get the car coded for it. Depending on where you get the unlock code from you may have to disable CarPlay it prior to the car going in for a service. My M140i has one on it which doesn't need to be disabled and it was fine after a service (after re-pairing my phone).

5. shiver

Wise Guy

Good to know, thank you. I don't think it'd be a deal breaker but very used to having it on current car

6. Smokey26

Wise Guy

Finally cleaned my 335i after fitting LCI rear lights. They really do look a lot better, should of done it ages ago.

I had the turbos rebuilt 2 months ago at PMP as well as upgraded wastegates, 6 new Index 12 injectors, a walnut blast, rocker cover gasket replaced and the oil filter housing small leak sorted and it runs lovely now, but the car does seem to smoke quite a lot until it gets warm, and looking on the I Drive its using oil, but the smoke is white and there is nothing once its warm. Think ill have to take it back for them to have a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sigma

Capodecina

Nice driveway:)

8. Smokey26

Wise Guy

hahaha thanks. Had it done last year. Very pleased with it.

9. cuke2u

Mobster

Collected Friday..[​IMG]

10. tamzzy

Capodecina

Nice... congrats on getting your MINI :D lol
    Snapper rocks blue is a nice colour. Very outstanding against the backdrop of black/white cars that are mainly on the road

11. cuke2u

Mobster

Thanks, quite - all my previous cars have been red metallic so blue makes a pleasant change:
    [​IMG]

12. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

Are thet alcantara seats or another fabric? Always really liked the old 235i but the new one leaves me very cold.

Congrats on the new car anyway :)

13. cuke2u

Mobster

Thanks, they are indeed Alcantara and fabric, standard with the M235i GC...

14. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

My mate just got one of those and it suits that interior in my opinion. Same colour too, snapper rocks blue is it?

Usually I'd say leather all day long but was quite surprised.

15. cuke2u

Mobster

Thanks, I think you are correct, plus now the leather option is £1,150. Yes Snapper Rocks, a surfing place in Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapper_Rocks

16. M1k3H

Wise Guy

Received my annual renewal for my warranty, and was surprised to see it was exactly the same price as last year; £440 with £100 excess, excluding roadside. Car is Z4 35i with roughly 43,000 miles.

I did however choose the £250 excess instead, as it brought the price down to £339*. Which is fine, as the warranty is for peace of mind over massive bills and the additional £51 (250-100-(440-339)) that I'd pay is inconsequential if I had to claim.

*Can't remember what the price for equivalent cover was last year; It might have been higher which is why I didn't chose it.

17. MissChief

Capodecina

A no-brainer at that cost really. Even a minor repair could easily be £500+ by the time you take into account labour at a BMW main dealer.

Another question, what’s the process for putting a vehicle back under BMW warranty? I’d imagine an inspection is required at a BMW dealer and anything identified at that time put right before you can get the car warrantied again?

Last edited: 1 Jun 2021
  18. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

You can buy a policy online. No inspection is needed but if the car isn't currently under warranty the premium is quite a lot higher and there is an initial month or so during which you cannot claim.

19. MissChief

Capodecina

Ok, makes sense. Thanks.

20. Freefaller

Man of Honour

Sorry for the pointless update. However, turns out he had aftermarket pipes (with some of the silencers removed) which is why it was so loud. Furthermore, after repeatedly speaking to him and speaking to our neighbours (I know 90% of people along our street) about it he's relented and bought a second car for commuting in - the past month has been bliss!