BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
F80 Comp is epic. Even more so in a real colour. Shame the interior is black :(
Not really the end of the world for me, if you get a white interior as an example it's just the seats and part of the door cards IIRC and the rest is still black which looks odd to me. I'd much rather if it was extended to the dash as well but I don't think that was available on the F80 or if it was, no one spec'd it.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not really the end of the world for me, if you get a white interior as an example it's just the seats and part of the door cards IIRC and the rest is still black which looks odd to me. I'd much rather if it was extended to the dash as well but I don't think that was available on the F80 or if it was, no one spec'd it.
Extended/leather dash was an option. The one I drove had it, but that was a heavily spec’d car from BMW. Lifted the interior significantly as the F30 interior is pretty low-rent.

Man of Honour
Extended dash was an option. The one I drove had it, but that was a heavily spec’d car from BMW. Lifted the interior significantly as the F30 interior is pretty low-rent.
It must be very rare, I've been looking at AUC cars for weeks if not months and I've not seen it yet.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Aye, good luck finding one. I’d be happy enough with the funky colour :)

Looking back at this, it’s got extended leather on the doors (maybe) and glove box too!

4968c16.jpg

S9qqYlR.jpg

Man of Honour
Yeah, that's the one I would want and I cannot find it on any F80. If it's just white seats or red etc then to me it looks quite odd and I'd prefer black.

Caporegime
M2 CS, cracking cars no question, but when did they become a 90k to 95K second hand buy?

World has gone bloody mad if you ask me.

Tbh it was never worth the £25k premium over the competition model when it was new. You could easily tune that one up to the same horsepower so all you were missing was a few bits of carbon fibre and stiffer suspension.

You would be mad buying a used CS for £90k over a same aged and mileage Competition model for £46k.

Its only the exclusivity of only 2,200 cars made which are giving the M2 CS the stupid prices. And looks like most for sale just aren't driven, they are kept in storage to go up in value. Which means if you buy one to drive it then you will have lost at least £10k instantly.

Soldato
Looking into getting an early higher milage f31 and cashing in and selling my 66 XE 25T Rsport. Need something practical and better MPG. I can get 38-40 on way to work and same route home 36-38. That's country roads, motorway then city on way to work. Looking at some figures online this may rule out a 530D as not giving enough improvement?

Jag is pretty nicely specced, full memory 16way electric seats, heated, heated steering, nav, reverse camera, keyless entry, runroof, auto wipers and lights, lights that curve round the corner, cruise with limiter. It just misses out on some tech improvements (eg auto limiter from road sign reading) but there's very little it wasn't specced with.

So what should I be aiming for from a BMW?

I've seen one sample. with 3 out of the 4 buttons next to the wheel with all the extra functions. I know pronav is a must and memory seats and reverse camera for me. I think I read online that any pre2012 model with xenon's will have the smarter lights as xenon's were an option, is there a physical way to tell from pictures?

What other spec is a must? What engine*? Does the 5 series have a heated wheel as an option?

Looking for an m sport for aesthetics.

*We have a 595 essesseee as the fun car.

Man of Honour
Other than the fact the warranty is cheaper there is in my view nothing really about an F31 that isn't worse than the F11. The interior is poor and all the good bits such as engine and gearbox are the same anyway.

I do not think there is a massive difference between them fuel economy wise either and if you're getting an older and higher mileage example then increased maintenance costs come into play too. In my view you will notice little credible reduction in running costs over your XE.

You will however be driving a better car so still worth thinking about. A heated steering wheel is an option on both F31 and F11.

F31 with Xenons are pre mid 2015 cars and are easily spotted because they have projector lenses and angel eyes whereas the non Xenon cars have halogen reflectors and are best avoided.

All post facelift (July 2013) F11 have at least Xenon headlights.

I have owned my F10 530d for 5 years since it was on 5k miles and in all that time it's averaged just under 40mpg. It is efficient on a long run but generally as an average with short trips and non Motorway usage etc it's going to be sub 40.

Soldato
Sorry, typo f11 is what I meant. 5 series. If I have to go estate I want to go big!...

Gearbox is probably my biggest gripe with the XE. I think I used to get only 24-26MPG when living at my old house city driving only to work, if it wasn't that in the XE it as in my 2.0T Scirocco. But that was 7 miles compared to 25miles mixed. So looks like I maybe should control urges for the badge and get a 520D?

Unless any other marque out there should be suggested?

Associate
Had a drive from Leeds area to Cheltenham yesterday so thought I would see what kind of mpg I would get out of my M340i on a run. I used the adaptive cruise and stuck it at the speed limit and ended up at 43mpg for the whole run. However, until I hit traffic on the M42 that was start/stop I was achieving the below. Pretty insane for an engine like this in my opinion.

b9Au9ex.jpg

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
While good, i think the above actually shows that we reached where petrol engines were going to get to (economy wise) absolutely years ago. While i know that it can develop more peak power, the end result isnt actually very different to the BMW 6cyl with the same capacity around 20 years ago :)

Caporegime
While good, i think the above actually shows that we reached where petrol engines were going to get to (economy wise) absolutely years ago. While i know that it can develop more peak power, the end result isnt actually very different to the BMW 6cyl with the same capacity around 20 years ago :)

Really? If you look at honest John, people were only getting 20-33mpg (av 26.8 mpg) 20 years ago from the inline 6 cyl petrol.

I think petrol economy is the one thing which has increased massively over the last 20 years, to such an extent that you really need to be doing 20k and maybe even 30k+ miles per annum for diesel to make any economical sense anymore.

Back
Top Bottom