BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Subsequently read this f30/g20 thread - discussing over-anaesthetised drive in g20 (electric-steering/suspension/noiseisolation/merc Cwanabee)
- give it a couple of years when g20 honeymoon's over, & new car delivery restored, will the f30 really, suddenly, show accelerated depreciation versus g20.
BMW is, intentionally, conservative on redesign of exteriors, for a good reason - 2nd hand values -
I think it's been predicated thought that divergence from that strategy with grills, maybe because chinese market doesn't have that legacy need.

[
damming inditement of both Mercedesand BMW infotainment (their cash-cow), extolling the google solution ... smooth gui, probably intel inside, like polestar.
all-new Renault Megane EV with Android infotainment! 2022 Mégane e-Tech
]

Associate
That F30/G20 thread makes no sense, the OP is complaining about how soulless the G20 is and how cluttered the dash etc is. and has chopped it in for a G26? There's going to be virtually nothing different about the experience surely other than they now have a 6 pot petrol which was always an option on the G20 platform anyway.

Funnily enough I was just looking at the pictures of the F30 linked a few posts further up and it reminded me just how different the interiors are, the G-series is hardly a revolution but it is still signifcantly more modern than the previous gen.

Man of Honour
That F30/G20 thread makes no sense, the OP is complaining about how soulless the G20 is and how cluttered the dash etc is. and has chopped it in for a G26? There's going to be virtually nothing different about the experience surely other than they now have a 6 pot petrol which was always an option on the G20 platform anyway.

Funnily enough I was just looking at the pictures of the F30 linked a few posts further up and it reminded me just how different the interiors are, the G-series is hardly a revolution but it is still signifcantly more modern than the previous gen.

The G20 is a much better car, I used to be disappointed to get an F30 as a hire car yet I'd actually consider buying a G20.

Soldato
The G20 is a much better car, I used to be disappointed to get an F30 as a hire car yet I'd actually consider buying a G20.

It certainly looks and feels more similar to a 5 series than the previous gen.

The F30 doesn’t, to me, feel too dissimilar/better than a 1/2 series. 5 series always felt like a big step up, having spent a fair bit of time in 1/3/5 series from the previous gen.

It would event make me consider getting a G20 20D/30i over an F30 40i/30D

Lol, what even is this:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109026926682

Soldato
I'm officially a first time BMW owner!
4FeibbN.jpeg
bP6Wf7K

Soldato
@XeNoN89 details please :D
420ix GC M Sport with pretty much every optional extra

I know it's not a 440i like lots on here said I should get, but this is the first car I've owned for about 5 years so I don't need anything faster for now. So far I'm loving it, big improvement in most areas than my previous car (Audi TT)

I've already bought black grills for it as I hate chrome :p

Soldato
Is that read leather I spy? Nice!
It is! I wasn't sure about it when I first saw the pictures online, the camera made it seem like a very bright red. When I went to actually view the car in person I loved it! Makes a nice change from the all black everything interior of my last 2 Audi's :D

Soldato
nice, externally identical to mine (mineral grey with ferric 704m). Rare-ish combo as they normally have orbit or black wheels. Bit of a shame you didn't go for a 30/40i but if you don't care about the engine it's still decent enough to drive :)

Coral never photographs well, as you say always comes out super bright, but is quite nice IRL!

Caporegime
So after Mercedes has messed me around on my GLE by telling me after 4 and half months after I placed my order that they still havent allocated me a build slot for my GLE 350de and currently have no idea when they will be able to, I have found a BMW alternative, all made and ready to be with me in a months time

BMW X5 xdrive45e M Sport in Artic Grey

comes with
M Sport Pro pack
22" styre 742 m in bicolour wheels (thank god they arent black)
Black perforated Vermasca leather
Comfort Pack

Would have quite like the Drivers Assist pack but cant be too fussy atm

Questions:

Does this car come with ACC or would you have needed the drivers assistance pack for that?
Adaptive headlights - Are they just auto dim as standard and you need to spec the laser upgrade for led tracking ones?

This comes with just the standard stereo does it? To be honest I think if I was speccing it I would have gone with the tech plus pack over the comfort pack.

Just how bad are BMW standard stereos?

Apart from that is there anything else missing as an essential option I am going to miss?

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/ewopzgyn

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom