BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Used MHD to turn burbles off unless over 3k revs. Car is a lot less embarrassing now.

Brilliant app, easy remap to 410hp+ on a B58 as well.

Soldato
What car? My M140i was pretty quiet but then again it also had the PPF.

M240i, pre-OPF/PPF/GPF. Loud burbles at 1500/2000rpm when off throttle is a bit cringeworthy, especially as I have MPE installed. Have had the car for over 3 years and still makes me feel embarrassed as I always drive in DSC mode or Sport+.

I've also lowered the duration to 0.8s which makes it more subtle when I do rev higher.

Man of Honour
Loud burbles at 1500/2000rpm when off throttle is a bit cringeworthy, especially as I have MPE installed. Have had the car for over 3 years and still makes me feel embarrassed as I always drive in DSC mode or Sport+.
I've got the MPPSK on my 440i and it's definitely chavvy in sport/+
Love it though :cry:

Man of Honour
M240i, pre-OPF/PPF/GPF. Loud burbles at 1500/2000rpm when off throttle is a bit cringeworthy, especially as I have MPE installed. Have had the car for over 3 years and still makes me feel embarrassed as I always drive in DSC mode or Sport+.

I've also lowered the duration to 0.8s which makes it more subtle when I do rev higher.
Ah. Oh my M3 with MPE if I put it in the lowest of the throttle settings it also closes the flaps and it stops all the burbles etc. It still doesn’t stop it sounding ridiculous on a cold start though. :cry:

Soldato
Owned my 430d nearly a year now & had my warranty renewal price today. £622 for the comprehensive cover including recovery or £545 for named component/recovery

This sound like the going rate?

Soldato
No never used it, was just wondering if the price sounded right as this is the first car I've had which I've actually had full warranty on & whether its worth extending it.
I can get breakdown cover with my insurance for £70 a year.

Man of Honour
Owned my 430d nearly a year now & had my warranty renewal price today. £622 for the comprehensive cover including recovery or £545 for named component/recovery

This sound like the going rate?

No, the difference between comprehensive with breakdown and named component without isn't anything like big enough. Those two prices sound like the same cover level but with and without emergency service which is about 70 quid.

Soldato
I have started to look at 2016 onwards M240i, 440i or 440i GC as potential upgrade from my GT86 next year - need something a bit more comfy for long distances, practical and as fun to drive. 440i is probably the favourite based on reviews/specs alone. Aiming to go have a look in person next week at a local BMW dealership.

On AT, there are some £22.5-25k; I will probably wait if they get closer to £20k, if that ever happens in 2022.

Is there a list of add-on packages online I can read up on to know what's available on these models?

Soldato
If 25k is your budget, and you want comfy + practical, the new 330i? They are already at £27k.

Depends how badly you want a 350hp straight six.

Back
Top Bottom