BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
It astonishes me how expensive they are. I'm a huge F10 fan but £20k for an F10 5 Series just seems crazy now. When I bought mine .............
I bet your future Grandchildren are to going to love your reminiscent stories of past 5 Series.

Associate
Afternoon.

Just a query for other G20/M340i owners and the heated seats. How warm do they get, and how long did this take? My last BMW (and the previous one) the seats heated up relatively quickly and actually got to the point you had to change the setting to low/turn off, but in my current one I am not sure the drivers one is doing much/anything.

If they should be obvious that they are working I will pay a visit to BMW.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Associate
Afternoon.

Just a query for other G20/M340i owners and the heated seats. How warm do they get, and how long did this take? My last BMW (and the previous one) the seats heated up relatively quickly and actually got to the point you had to change the setting to low/turn off, but in my current one I am not sure the drivers one is doing much/anything.

It gets too hot to be comfortable for me on the highest setting but my daughter says it’s just right so I guess there is some subjectivity in it. It’s at least as hot as my previous F36.

The steering wheel is just right, warm but never hot.

Caporegime
It gets too hot to be comfortable for me on the highest setting but my daughter says it’s just right so I guess there is some subjectivity in it. It’s at least as hot as my previous F36.

Ideally though you want the highest setting to be too hot on both. Then you can switch it onto to that when its freezing inside your car as you set off first thing and dial both back to the medium setting when it gets too toasty.

Associate

Ok, something isn't right then, the steering wheel is lovely and quick to heat up, looks like a trip to BMW.

Caporegime
Ideally though you want the highest setting to be too hot on both. Then you can switch it onto to that when its freezing inside your car as you set off first thing and dial both back to the medium setting when it gets too toasty.
Why not just leave it at medium? I wouldn't have thought putting it on the hottest setting would magically make it warmer faster.

Caporegime
Why not just leave it at medium? I wouldn't have thought putting it on the hottest setting would magically make it warmer faster.

When its really freezing though having that extra heat warms your cold hands up quicker but after 10 or 15 minutes its too much for a base level esp since the interior cabin will have got up to temp.

The steering wheel and seats are pretty instant heat, less than a minute to warm up.

Soldato
My mercedes does this automatically :cool:

Soldato
Just having a look on AT and it looks like the dealer has stuck another grand on my bosses old car. They gave him £39-40k and they've had it from mid October at £42k and now they decide to stick £950 on it for it so sell quickly...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110118370607?advertising-location=at_cars&model=X5&include-delivery-option=on&fuel-type=Diesel&sort=relevance&aggregatedTrim=40d&radius=1500&price-from=40000&transmission=Automatic&price-to=45000&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=BMW&postcode=ml36aq&page=1

Wait, they added £950 to it after 2 months now? I was hoping prices were slowly going back down from now...

Soldato
Aye, my boss mentioned it today so had a look.

It was worth about £31k about a year ago I'm sure when discussing what he owed and the value of it.

Commissario
And a week after buying the service plan, the car tells me it's time for a service!

When looking online it's only showing me options to tick and the price, how does it work if I have a service plan? Guessing I have to call the retailer and mention this?

Soldato
TotalCarCheck picked the ad up at £43,500 from mid October, rather than £42,000, which would seem more logical

Soldato
Afternoon.

on both my f36 and the g82 I've driven the seats get too hot to be comfortable very quickly on full.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Aye, my boss mentioned it today so had a look.

It was worth about £31k about a year ago I'm sure when discussing what he owed and the value of it.
These must be shockingly poor value for money? The new X5 is obscenely expensive, but I can't imagine shelling out over £40k for a car that came out in 2013..
I'm looking at spending a similar amount on a Q7, but at least those came out in 2015/6

Associate
on both my f36 and the g82 I've driven the seats get too hot to be comfortable very quickly on full.

I have it booked in at the end of the month to be checked - originally it was the 16th but BMW had booked the insepction at Worthing (where I bought it) and not at my local BMW (Farnborough, I used to goto the one in Hook, but after they washed a previous car with what appeared to be a brillo pad I now avoid them and make it known that they shouldn't ever wash the car when it's in).

I was also made aware that there was a factory recall due anyway (that I hadn't been informed of previously), it's something to do with the front wing/bumper and possible rubbing? That is being done at the same time. I do get a courtesy car whilst it's with them, and I am hopeful it's something interesting :)

Associate
I have a 71 plate X3 330e and paid for the speed camera warnings.
All has worked fine until I noticed recently that they had stopped working.
If I click on the app in the idrive it does not do anything.

Just drove a 300 mile round-trip to Cumbria and back, so hoping I have not been flashed.

Any ideas?