BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Collected the 530D today, so far so good.

This is when the angels shed light on my purchase....I think
Tmbdl3x.jpg

bDvg9Wb.jpg
yj6Ha4F.jpg
RRzOya1.jpg
S4Ve33X.jpg

A solid step up form the F10 and I forgot how effortless the 3L Diesel engine is. Damping big step up from my F10, rides massively better than my previous F10 did and also the E220 more recently. Traction is much better too than either, no wheels spinning up today and they would have in both of those others based on doing the same foot down stuff in todays conditions.

Needs to read the books tonight to get to grips with it but for 30K a **** tonne of epic car.

Man of Honour

Yes, I think they make or break the front end aesthetic, the standard lights, while functionally fine, look a bit cheap.

Almost nobody specs the BMW Icon Adaptive lights, the beam will adjust as you drive along automatically to keep more of the road illuminated - usually works well.

0Ny9nF3.png

Man of Honour
Yes, I think they make or break the front end aesthetic, the standard lights, while functionally fine, look a bit cheap.

Almost nobody specs the BMW Icon Adaptive lights, I'm sure they are very good at night too, the beam will adjust as you drive along automatically to keep more of the road illuminated - usually works well.

0Ny9nF3.png
Thanks I was trying to work out what the packs were on the 2018 model so that helps, though it was mentioned above too to be fair. I will have a drive in a bit in the dark but I do miss the lights from my old 5 series which were superb. E220's were dire, I mean really really bad and the GTR's though much better are still not a patch on the former 5 series I had. Roundy corner lights me like.

Soldato
Collected the 530D today, so far so good.

that's very nice, done 6k miles in mine (Touring) from new in past 16 months, would have normally covered, oh, 25k miles. Like you say, prefer it to F11 I had before, although 535D engine was a bit stronger with a better growl. I would 100% have gone for a 340hp 540D which they sell on continent only I think?

Man of Honour
There's the BMW ConnectedDrive app, it might take a few days before you can register the car though.
Yea downloaded a couple will give them a nose.

I have a couple for my Merc and they work well, really like the ability to zone the car so if it starts or moves etc I get a message.

Man of Honour
I have a couple for my Merc and they work well, really like the ability to zone the car so if it starts or moves etc I get a message.
I don't think the BMW one can do that. I find it quite poor to be honest, I only use it to see how much fuel it doesn't have.

Back
Top Bottom