BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Why can't you get a BMW stamped one, do you have windscreen cover?

When my Velar got a chip, I kicked up a fuss with auto glass and they got my insurance provider to sign off an OEM one.

Haven't tried yet so may be able to, but had a non-oem one via autoglass and insurance on my Octavia and that delaminated near the rear view mirror. Just wondered if it was worth "kicking up the fuss" for an OEM one or whether anyone had a non OEM one which was fine. Inevitably they will want to fit the one that costs the least :)

I brought my AUC 530d with HUD with an aftermarket windscreen already fitted and it's fine :) There are complaints about on forums but it seems to largely relate to bad fitting rather than the screen itself.

Thanks, good to know.

Associate
Hi all. I have a focus rs mk3 and I’m wanting to get something more comfortable, something with a nicer interior and with modern technology/toys. I’m not too bothered about having the most powerful engine these days so I think the new bmw 330i is plenty, the m340i would be nice for the noise and performance but I’m not sure I can justify it.

Does anyone have any experience with a 330i or swapping from a hot hatch to something more sensible.

Thanks

Man of Honour
The new 330i is a 4 cylinder only, the 330d keeps the 6 cyl diesel, if that's any concern to you. The M140i if you can get a cheap one might be a decent shout, as is the M135i if you don't mind a 4 pot and of course it comes with the newer interior.

Associate
My friend had a 2017 m140i and it sounded incredible but I didn’t like the interior and the fact it only has 2 doors. My other friend took me out in a 2020 520d the other day and I loved the comfort and interior but I don’t want to get a diesel.

The new m135i looks nice and has the new interior but I think I’d still prefer a 3 series for the space and being more practical. I think I’m wanting a more grown up car these days lol. Since 2012 I’ve had 2 Porsche Boxster s, a Focus ST mk3 and now the Focus RS. I don’t really go out for fast drives on a country road these days or floor it at every opportunity. When I do want to floor it I think a 330i would be sufficient and not totally underwhelming.

Of course I’d prefer a 6 cylinder engine but an m340i might be out of reach for me. Are the 4 cylinder BMWs something to worried about?

Caporegime
My friend had a 2017 m140i and it sounded incredible but I didn’t like the interior and the fact it only has 2 doors. My other friend took me out in a 2020 520d the other day and I loved the comfort and interior but I don’t want to get a diesel.

The new m135i looks nice and has the new interior but I think I’d still prefer a 3 series for the space and being more practical. I think I’m wanting a more grown up car these days lol. Since 2012 I’ve had 2 Porsche Boxster s, a Focus ST mk3 and now the Focus RS. I don’t really go out for fast drives on a country road these days or floor it at every opportunity. When I do want to floor it I think a 330i would be sufficient and not totally underwhelming.

Of course I’d prefer a 6 cylinder engine but an m340i might be out of reach for me. Are the 4 cylinder BMWs something to worried about?
No issues with my 428i so far, a 430i has a newer, more reliable engine in it too. 250PS, 0-60 around 6 seconds. I like mine very much but a 435i/440i might be a better option if you want a straight 6.

Man of Honour
My friend had a 2017 m140i and it sounded incredible but I didn’t like the interior and the fact it only has 2 doors.
M140i has is a 5 door, M240i is a 2 door.

I don't think there's anything particular to worry about the 4 pots, apart from that they're 4 pots - besides as the price you'll be paying you'll either have or want warranty. Go and test drive one.

Associate
Oh that’s good to know. I didn’t realise they did a 4 door version. My parents are too old to be climbing in and out of a 2 door car. I will go to have a look at some cars tomorrow and see what’s what. I will add the new m135i to my list. I was mainly thinking of the new 3 series because I prefer the newer interior so I overlooked the 135i as I didn’t know they did a 4 door.

Soldato
Oh that’s good to know. I didn’t realise they did a 4 door version. My parents are too old to be climbing in and out of a 2 door car. I will go to have a look at some cars tomorrow and see what’s what. I will add the new m135i to my list. I was mainly thinking of the new 3 series because I prefer the newer interior so I overlooked the 135i as I didn’t know they did a 4 door.

The new m135i has an up to date interior. The old M140i and even older m135i are pretty damn old looking these days.

If you like the 1 series might be worth trying the 128ti as well as the 135i.

Associate
I test drove a 330e and a m340i today. I really liked the 330e. Both cars were fantastic. Very comfy and smooth and felt like a huge step up in quality than the Focus rs.

I’m not sure I need to get the m340i. The 330e was fast enough and is cheaper to buy and I’m sure cheaper to run. The only reason I can see for the m340i is the extra power, noise and x drive.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
M140i has is a 5 door, M240i is a 2 door.

I don't think there's anything particular to worry about the 4 pots, apart from that they're 4 pots - besides as the price you'll be paying you'll either have or want warranty. Go and test drive one.
Wrong, M140i comes in two variations F20 - 5dr F21 - 3dr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom