BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26972452 said:
Buying a new set is a pain - the sets on Ebay are all overpriced - one set has been relisted *SIX* times and still the seller hasn't got the hint that perhaps he has overpriced it. None of them ever seem to sell.

I think people look up the brand new price of wheels and tyres from BMW and assume half that is good value on the used market completely ignoring the fact there is zero demand at that pricepoint.

Mine are a classic example - fitted brand new when I collected the car with a list price of something stupid like £3.5k inc tyres (no idea how much the dealer paid or where they sourced them). Despite this I somewhat doubt they are worth any more than high 3 figures.

Perhaps I should value them at 50% of new price and continually re-list them on Ebay for the next 3 years :D

I would have thought they would have been worth this all day long?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-F10-5...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2a448332ae

£850 doesn't seem too bad, even though they could probably do with a refurb, but then show me a second hand set that couldn't (unless they have recently had it done).

Man of Honour
Could do with a refurb?! They are trashed! Doesn't bother to mention the tyres either so they are probably all about due as well. I pity anyone who would pay 850 quid for those, it just highlights my point really.

Soldato
With kerbing like that it's quite likely the wheel is buckled as well. One of mine was relatively lightly damaged from a pothole and ended up buckled beyond repair. Luckily I managed to pick up a replacement for £40 on gumtree, slightly cheaper than the £850 Jaguar quoted me (yes, that is per wheel....)

Soldato
Okay, the first wheel doesn't look great, but the rest don't look that bad. As it's cash on collection, you obviously see for yourself before purchase if there are flat spots or anything.

If you want nice wheels, you have to pay for them. If you want cheap wheels, there will likely be something wrong with them.

Whilst things are only worth what someone is willing to pay, equally, if they are worth more to the seller, then the buyer has to pay. Supply and demand I guess.

Man of Honour
Supply and demand says that if you are re-listing your wheels for the 5th time then price must lower to a point where demand and supply meet. Or you'll be re-listing them for a 6th time :D

Much as I'd love to be able to sell my pristine as-new 19 inch diamond cut wheels with almost new RFT's all round for 50% of the new price, it isn't going to happen. No amount of me saying 'buyer has to pay!!111' will change that.

if they are worth more to the seller, then the buyer has to pay

If they are worth more to the seller, the seller keeps them ;)

Soldato
As some of you know i've been looking at a e92 coupe but have one more question, i promise.

So i'm looking at a saving of £2,000 if I chose a model with nearly 100k miles, or spending the £2,000k to get one with with roughly 60-80k miles.

Do you think it's worth the saving or not? I only do about 8,000 miles a year.

See below, the first is the more expensive one, second is the cheaper option (guide line only, I may not actually buy these particular ones)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...age/1/body-type/coupe/price-to/8500?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/2/keywords/nav/body-type/coupe?logcode=p

Soldato
Finally back from the dealer, will be going back sometime this week I'd think...

2014-09-29%2009.39.21.jpg

Soldato
Well its had quite an extensive list of things fixed, but they haven't sorted the drivers seat creaking which is driving me insane(r). They finally managed to fix the problem they caused but took 2 weeks to do it though so at least that 1 positive...

I saw your thread on the BabyBMW forum. You're having some rotten luck with that car :( Hope it all gets resolved soon.

Soldato
I saw your thread on the BabyBMW forum. You're having some rotten luck with that car :( Hope it all gets resolved soon.

Yeah 3,000 time lucky, its going back tomorrow for them to strip and rebuild the drivers seat. Lending me a 640d to drive to Leeds and back. Hopefully this'll be it for it going in.

Man of Honour
I have the same issue (or a similar one) with my drivers seat - at least yours is covered by warranty, not covered under AUC warranty.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26977379 said:
I have the same issue (or a similar one) with my drivers seat - at least yours is covered by warranty, not covered under AUC warranty.

Your car is a bit older than mine and has a few more miles on it thou...and to be honest the seat is just one of 9 issues that they have been attempting to resolve.

Man of Honour
A few, yea, but the seat on my 200,000 mile 13 year old E39 doesn't creak so why does it on a 29,000 mile F10? It's just poor frankly. Luckily the rest of the car is so good it makes up for it but grrr, it takes the shine off things a bit. In my case it's caused by the awfully nasty plastic which surrounds the switches - it creaks when you touch it. And when you corner, the Sport bolster... touches it.

Soldato
I think this is somewhere in the joints that attach the back and the base. It doesn't always do it but turning right and roundabouts tend to make it happen. It's not touching the centre console as far as I can see either.

Man of Honour
Took my car into the body shop today to get the quotes in place. Going to have the crunch repaired and also take the opportunity to have it made like new again with bonnet and rear bumper resprayed to remove chips and marks and to have all 4 wheels freshened up. I had planned to do all this earlier in the year but stuff got in the way, so this time I will have it made new again :)

Once again I was impressed with Shorade in Cannock, they now have a new building for aluminium work which is cleaner than a hospital.

Soldato
Dumb question- today was the first rainy morning in my e46 and I couldn't get the side windows clear from condensation / mist! In my old car having light hot air blowing on the windscreen continuously would clear all the Windows (eventually) but in this car it doesn't. Any ideas?

Also, with all the rain and lights I realised the inside of my windscreen Is ridiculously dirty- I hear that window cleaner is a no no because of the streaks. What is the best way of cleaning the inside?

Back
Top Bottom