BMW M5 - the Beast is back

Noxis said:
Fantastic performance and functionality - bit poor on the looks tho. BMW got some real nice looking cars out now and that almost looks like last gen :confused:
I have to disagree with that. I didn't particularly like the new 5 series when I first saw it, but Spie's car looks gorgeous.
The old 5 series looks decidedly dated next to that now.

Lovely car Spie. You definately made the right decision there.

I'm hoping to get a drive in one in the next few days when a mate of mine takes delivery of his. Trouble is, I don't know whether I should or not because I'm sure to want one and there is no way I can afford it at the moment. Some day though.

All those who think its ugly, I had one follow me on the A53 towards shrewsbury the other day, and it scared my pants off! Its an absolute beast in the rear view mirror, looks seriously impressive. I wasnt sure about it at first but having seen one stick to my bumper on a narrow country road leaves me in no doubt, it looks awesome.

That looks great, well, it doesn't, but it still does....

What I mean is that I really don't like the 5 series styling. It does nothing for me, all angles and wierd stuff but the M5 suddenly makes it all work. It's not over the top, but the body kit it has just makes the most of those odd lines and suddenly it's no longer an ugly monstrosity, it's now one lean and hungry mofo of a car :)

The normal 5 series says "Look at me, I am a well paid executive but I want you to know that I am forward thinking, orderly and expect the best" while the M5 says "get out of my way, little man, or I'll eat your liver!"

The 5 series is Hans, with his little round specs and his immaculate suit on his way to a power meeting. The M5 is Fenris Wolf, in a bad mood, on his way to Ragnarok!

volospian said:
That looks great, well, it doesn't, but it still does....

What I mean is that I really don't like the 5 series styling. It does nothing for me, all angles and wierd stuff but the M5 suddenly makes it all work. It's not over the top, but the body kit it has just makes the most of those odd lines and suddenly it's no longer an ugly monstrosity, it's now one lean and hungry mofo of a car :)

The normal 5 series says "Look at me, I am a well paid executive but I want you to know that I am forward thinking, orderly and expect the best" while the M5 says "get out of my way, little man, or I'll eat your liver!"

The 5 series is Hans, with his little round specs and his immaculate suit on his way to a power meeting. The M5 is Fenris Wolf, in a bad mood, on his way to Ragnarok!
Superb :D

Rilot said:
Lovely car Spie. You definately made the right decision there.

I'm hoping to get a drive in one in the next few days when a mate of mine takes delivery of his. Trouble is, I don't know whether I should or not because I'm sure to want one and there is no way I can afford it at the moment. Some day though.

I'll go halves with you and we can car share :p

Stunning car mechanicaly, yet the looks just dont do it for me. I rate it as probably the best all rounder on the roads, hope they do a touring version ala RS6 (didnt with the last revision).

Love the HUD, could get used to that, wonder what the v10 would be like in a westy...

Looks amazing, everything is perfect bar the HUD display which is a bit too 'kids driving game' for me.

Don't forget to take a video camera with you when you try out the launch control button ;)

I was taken by the M5 when I found I could sit comfortably in the driver's seat, then get out and sit comfortably in the rear seat behind. If it really is as quick as the 430 then it must be quite something.

Back
Top Bottom