BMW M5 - the Beast is back

Soldato
SkodaMan said:
Well on the E46 it knows you're on a RR if the front wheels aren't moving. It's all tied into the ABS sensors and the ECU. So it just limits the revs to 6500rpm. There is a RR 'function' in the ECU, but it's tricky to enable and even then runs the car in a special emissions programme, rather than the normal programme. It's a real pain.
I don't know, but I bet the E60 M5 is the same.
I suppose a four wheel RR would be ok though.

fair enough. but dont see why any manufacturer would not want to allow their cars to go on a RR properly? surely thats the owners choice?

Soldato
I have to admit I'm disappointed by the new style Beamers, I was a big fan of the shapes they produced before this most recent incarnation, but this one is hard to doubt and it's growing on me fast.

Nice work Spie, enjoy.

Soldato
andi said:
Awesome machine, massive respect for how it performs and drives, but the styling inside and out still do nothing for me.

I'll be one of the few who agree's with this, fantastic piece of engineering, just a little ugly (imo ;) )

Soldato
Lovely car Spie. I originally thought the styling of the new 5 was a bit fussy, but having seen a few regular 5 series in the flesh I have ben convinced otherwise, it works really well.

I'm sure your M5 looks even better in the flesh, and it works really well in that colour! Enjoy!

Soldato
Out of interest Spie, I notice you blanked out the number plates in the photos. I presumed you'd be using the old V10 MSP plate from the Touareg on it, or is this not the case?

Suspended
Fantastic performance and functionality - bit poor on the looks tho. BMW got some real nice looking cars out now and that almost looks like last gen :confused:

Back
Top Bottom