BNP Advert... WOW... just WOW.... Really?

Permabanned
I said
"Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years.in my opinion. I DID."

And I paid in to their system for 10 years before I moved there, So again your wrong.

So you paid tax on your UK earnings in the US before you moved there? Or are you saying that people can only move to a country after they have bought some land and a truck and paid tax on it for ten years? Did you offset those taxes against your UK tax return? And vice versa? Did you earn off that land etc, so taking money out of their local economy...Or is it only the rich that should be allowed to emigrate?

That is the problem here, you stated that people must pay into the system before they come here, I want to know how that works exactly?

Soldato
I hope that the BNP get elected actually and execute their policies and hatred campaign for Muzlems.

Thus causing Muslims to emigrate which will then act as a wake up call for Muslim leaders in the Middle East to break their filthy bonds with the West and rise up from the deep slumber they have been in for centuries.

Basically I want WW3 so that this planet's so called "top of the food chain" inhabitants can all die from a bloody nuclear war.

How does that sound? I'm ready to die are you?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Funnily enough whilst reading this thread had a BNP flyer for the euro election drop through the letterbox. Straight in the bin and managed to catch the chap who was posting them.

I don't think I'll have to deal with another flyer through the letter box again!*

*probably be a petrol bomb next time!

Soldato

I've already said 3 times about my tax dude.All this "offset" blah blah blah is talking as
if I had £millions.

In my opinion anyone that wants to live here should.
1=have a job and housing ready for when they get here.
2=They will support themselves and be able to prove it.
3=Have health insurance to cover them for the first 5 years they are here.
4=after 5 years they can get NHS ect the same as we do.

It's basically the same as the US version but only five years. This will show that they want to
be a part of the UK and will follow our law. Simple and easy. It takes the strain off the NHS\Housing.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You're displaying one in the window?

No, I pooped on it, put it in an envelope and gave it back to the chap that delivered it, stating there was a cheque inside for a donation to the party.

Permabanned
I've already said 3 times about my tax dude.All this "offset" blah blah blah is talking as
if I had £millions.

Its not, it is illustrating that while you are paying into one system you are not a resident of you are offsetting that amount against the amount paid in the other system you are resident in..therefore you are still only paying the same amount of taxation and any accountant worth his fee would make sure that you are paying your tax under the lower scheme. For example I have earnings in the US (royalties) and these are taxed at a basic rate of 30%..under UK taxes I would pay (until recently anyway) 20% tax..therefore I applied for a W8 from the IRS which meant I paid UK tax on my US royalties as I was no longer resident in the US. If I continued to pay the 30% in the US, I would then be able to offset 20% of that against my UK tax return so I don not pay the same tax twice. So do you see what this means, it means that until you earn in a foreign country you cannot pay into that countries system and even when you can it means that you still pay the same amount (or less) than if you were earning in the country you reside in.

What you were suggesting is that a person has to prepay into a system before they enter into that system...which is impractical and in most cases impossible.

In my opinion anyone that wants to live here should.
1=have a job and housing ready for when they get here.
2=They will support themselves and be able to prove it.
3=Have health insurance to cover them for the first 5 years they are here.
4=after 5 years they can get NHS ect the same as we do.

It's basically the same as the US version but only five years. This will show that they want to be a part of the UK and will follow our law. Simple and easy. It takes the strain off the NHS\Housing.

Non EU migrants already have to have a job and the means to live here for the term of their VISA and they must prove it, they pay NI therefore they immediately begin to pay into the NHS through their National Insurance payments..equivalent to paying for Health Insurance in the US, so they already have to fulfil the criteria you mention with the added factors that they must comply with the skill based points system in order to apply in the first place. Neither do people on such VISA's have access to Public Funds such as Housing Benefit, JSA, WTC and so on, neither do their dependents...it is a fallacy that non EU migrants can come over here and start claiming benefits etc. These terms last for the term of their VISA, which for a general work visa is 5years 14 days..so in excess of your stipulations.

Last edited:
Soldato

Look you do what you want to do, I will do the same. It's worked for me for 35 years so I see no reason to change.

Non EU migrants already have to have a job and the means to live here for the term of their VISA and they must prove it, they pay NI therefore they immediately begin to pay into the NHS through their National Insurance payments..equivalent to paying for Health Insurance in the US, so they already have to fulfil the criteria you mention with the added factors that they must comply with the skill based points system in order to apply in the first place. Neither do people on such VISA's have access to Public Funds such as Housing Benefit, JSA, WTC and so on, neither do their dependents...it is a fallacy that non EU migrants can come over here and start claiming benefits etc. These terms last for the term of their VISA, which for a general work visa is 5years 14 days..so in excess of your stipulations.

Every thing has to be for 5 years. This what UKIP are saying and I agree with them.

" Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care),
private education and private housing - they should pay into the pot before they take out of it."

"Proof of private health insurance must be a precondition for immigrants and tourists to enter the UK"

Caporegime
thats pretty much how it is in Sweden too. Non EU have to have private medical insurance and self support before they give you a tax code....

EU people seem to get it easier as expected, especially Brits and other Nordic countries.
Sweden is in a similar boat to the UK no EURO and i think it has retained some border control but there is some political movement to getting more back.

They have a fairly open door policy on refugees from certain parts of the world.

Permabanned
Look you do what you want to do, I will do the same. It's worked for me for 35 years so I see no reason to change.

No one was asking you to...simply pointing out that it isn't quite as simple as prepaying into a system, especially if you are simply using taxes due in one country to offset taxes you would have paid in another, in fact if you are taking money out of a country, you are taking out more than you are contributing to the local economy and the taxes and income generated by that.

Every thing has to be for 5 years. This what UKIP are saying and I agree with them.

" Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care),
private education and private housing - they should pay into the pot before they take out of it."

"Proof of private health insurance must be a precondition for immigrants and tourists to enter the UK"

That isn't what happens in the US. Immigrants can access public schools and Medicare.

In the UK by paying taxes, the fees inherent in immigration visa's, national insurance and the costs inherent by their sponsoring company they are paying into the system...they cannot at any time during their visa, so already longer than 5 years, claim any public funds for anything that they have no contributed to, so no housing benefit, no JSA, nothing, no public housing or pensions. An immigrant doesn't automatically qualify for free NHS care either, they must have paid at least 12months full NI and been resident for that period, otherwise full charges must be paid in advance, only emergency treatment is free unless they meet certain criteria.

So they are paying into the system before they take out if it. As far as full private health care, perhaps UKIP can suggest just how that will work given that the UK health system doesn't have that kind of infrastructure because of the NHS...equally with private education....do these immigrants get a tax reduction if they never use public schooling and the NHS when they leave at the end of their visa? Because you are basically expecting them to contribute to the system but never be able to benefit from the system.

Last edited:
Associate
It's dissapointing really, because there are people in the world who would actually believe the rubbish they say. I don't know if its stupidity or wanting someone to blame but goddddd.

Soldato
It's dissapointing really, because there are people in the world who would actually believe the rubbish they say. I don't know if its stupidity or wanting someone to blame but goddddd.
I believe the term is 'Frustration anxiety' in that poorly educated people who feel they are being wronged by society vent their anger at the easiest target presented to them (be that people on benefits, the needy or immigrants).

You place 4 rats in a cage & cause them to repeatedly fail a test within a short amount of time they turn on each other.

This is what makes the media such an insidious concept, as media owners have at their fingers the capability of providing that scapegoat to the population pending on political spin.

Last edited:
Soldato
That isn't what happens in the US. Immigrants can access public schools and Medicare.

I couldn't have Medicare in Florida till I became a citizen. I had health insurance for years.
My friend from Harborne Birmingham emigrated to Florida by way of buying a business and they had to wait 10 years.

I will repeat this once more. This is what I think should happen.

"" Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care),

Permabanned
I couldn't have Medicare in Florida till I became a citizen. I had health insurance for years.
My friend from Harborne Birmingham emigrated to Florida by way of buying a business and they had to wait 10 years.

Are you and your friend over 65 then..:)

Immigrants can access parts B and C of Medicare like any other US citizen and after 5 years for part A...it's only 10 years if you want Premium part A free...and that applies again to all US citizens, who must have worked in the US for 40 consecutive quarters. So immigrants are not being treated any differently from those born in the United States, they are still eligible for Medicare (non premium) part A...

You are advocating a two tier system whereby an immigrant cannot access public schools and the most widespread medical care in the UK (while comparing it the US, when it actually bares no relation to what an immigrant can actually access in the US) even though they pay the relevant taxation that would enable them to access it if they were born here. Also all immigrants have access to the public school system in the US. Immigrants are also eligible for Medicaid, as well as welfare programs in the US such as HUD Public Housing subsidies, Social Security and other related welfare programs with some exceptions such as Supplementary welfare (like our working tax credits). Here in the UK an immigrant would not be eligible for public housing subsidies (housing benefit) or Social Security (JSA) or any other related public welfare unless they are contributory benefits where the immigrant has paid into the system for the eligible length of time for the specific benefit (such as contributory employment benefit).

"" Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care),

I asked how that would be practically possible as the UK doesn't have the same private medical infrastructure that the US does and given that visas last for only 5 years whether that means immigrants will get a reduction on their taxes because they never benefit from the system they pay into?

Immigrants today do not benefit from public funds as it stands, and they pay into the system so are entitled to access public education and the NHS...in effect all non EU immigrants already have to financially support themselves and their dependents for a minimum of 5 years 14 days....so what are you bleating about. You seem to be under the (common in the this thread) misconception that a non-EU immigrant can come in and claim off the system without contributing to it or without proving they can support themselves...this is simply untrue.

And now tourists as well...:D they already have to pay for NHS treatment.

Anyway I'm not trying to be facetious here, just pointing out that in reality the majority of non-EU immigrants already have to comply with very strict restrictions regarding public funding and access to welfare etc, and given our national insurance system of taxation they already contribute to the NHS and there are already certain restrictions on them regarding that as well. It is a misconception that non-EU immigrants can simply come in and start accessing public funding, and that the visa system is such that they already have to prove the can support themselves and their families for more than 5 years already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom