US: Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Contains spoilers)

Soldato
I worried for this show after the season 2 ending...

Jimmy's death
But it has really come into it's own this season and took a turn for the better. The build up for the finale from this latest episode was nothing short of epic.

Soldato
Wow I never knew that. Will read the link mate

This is probably better....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boardwalk_Empire_characters

Down the right hand side you have the real life person and often a link to their Wikipedia page.

Warning though, characters with exactly the same name tend to stick to history so by reading their profiles you'll know when they will die in the series roughly. Jess Smith for example I knew was going to kill himself because I'd read his Wikipedia page a while ago.

Caporegime
really starting to get good now :cool:

was thinking its never going to step up to series like dexter , sopranos , game of thrones but now its really has !

Associate
I worried for this show after the season 2 ending...

Jimmy's death
But it has really come into it's own this season and took a turn for the better. The build up for the finale from this latest episode was nothing short of epic.

Feel the same, this series is the best so far, even without one of the main characters.

Caporegime
OP
What an amazing end to that episode :D

So much love for Stephen Graham! :cool: That final scene was so badass :cool:

Really enjoying this season, this show in general to be honest :)

Soldato
Feel the same, this series is the best so far, even without one of the main characters.

Never got all the love for Jimmy (not saying you are giving it to him just to be clear). He was all right in the first season but I just found him awkward in the second season, take this scene for example....

Now it may just be that Jimmy is the only one there who isn't historical but I just didn't find him believable as gangster on the way up. I know this is partly to do with the writers and you could argue his awkwardness was deliberate to show he wasn't ever capable of taking over from Nucky but once they'd entered into that plot line there was no way back. For me he lost credibility and couldn't go back to just being Nucky's bodyguard.

In my experience, the vast majority of people who moaned about his exit were women and I'd suggest the story wasn't their motivation.

Soldato
Only just got round to watching Ep. 11, awesome episode, great finish.

What got me all excited was seeing Richard lining up his guns, with a little military music in background, Rambo style! :cool: I have expected him blow away the entire crew away, I hope/pray he is still standing at the end of next week.

Bring on the final episode! :D

Suspended
Incredible episode. Richard is a Ninja! :eek:

I hope that doesn't spell the end of things between him and that lass though.

Gyp went out the way I thought he would, and nice to see Nucky screw Rothstein over.

So that's the end of Margaret as well then? She didn't take his money so I guess that's it.

Was that the Season finale?

Soldato
Richard was an absolute bad arse. Be gutted if that's the end of his relationship with the lady.

Nucky was clever, and seems to have learnt from trying to be well known, and glad to see Rothstein get screwed over, finally saw his snake side these past few episodes, even turning on Luciano.

Al vs chalkie was brilliant.

Hopefully the end of Mageret, that character has run it's course.

Gillian got exactly what she deserved.

The end of Gyp was awesome, especially his rant on the beach. Amazing actor.

Shame no Van Alden scenes, but I'm guessing his involvement in this season was limited by the Man Of Steel shooting.

Soldato
Nucky was clever, and seems to have learnt from trying to be well known, and glad to see Rothstein get screwed over, finally saw his snake side these past few episodes, even turning on Luciano.

Maybe I just find it hard to hate Michael Stulberg but I sympathise with Rothstein a little.

In Season 1, when he was in a vulnerable position Nucky exploited it and got $1 million off him. All Rothstein was doing was the same here.

As for Luciano, AR told them the deal was a stupid thing to do at that time. They didn't listen.

Back
Top Bottom