1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by pokerking, May 17, 2018.

1. Tombstone

Capodecina

Ive assumed that the Mike Myers character is like a composite of several record executives who told them at various points that they wouldnt make it etc.

2. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I've read that which makes sense.
    I made a mistake with Jim Hutton and the Love Of My Life song, it wasn't Jim Hutton but they still got the year wrong they met each other by about 4 years.

I'll await Hollywoods version of Black Sabbath when Axl Rose joined them in 1975 after writing Stairway To Heaven.

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's a movie, not a documentary.

4. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

So that gives them the right to make stuff up?
    I'm really amazed that people are defending this.

I'll await the Jimi Hendrix biopic where he's a right handed white man.

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

What gives them the right to make stuff up?

It’s a movie, not a documentary, the post you just quoted is the answer. last I check most movies are made up!

They could make it out that he is blonde and straight if they wanted! (If they have the rights to the story, which I guess they have as they made a movie on it. So they have every right to do whatever they see fit)

You are just a fan, a fanatical one but it’s not your story and you don’t hold the rights. All you have is an opinion, nothing more.

This is no different then every biopic movie ever made, i don't see you get this worked up over The First Man and whether Neil Armstrong was like that in real life. I don't remember seeing you getting this annoyed over Walk The Line over Jonny Cash. I don't see you getting this worked up over Ray or Ali.

They are movies, they are not documentaries. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket but stop telling people they shouldn't enjoy a movie they clearly enjoy. You just come across as some bitter man who is trying to show off something happened 30, 40 years ago to you personally and have no relevance to people having a nice time at the cinema.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  6. EVH

Don

Ironic how the remaining members of the band had creative control over the movie and the final say over its direction (FYI which is why Sasha Baron Cohen got the boot - disagreements over the portrayal of Freddy) but yet the “true” Queen fan is annoyed :o

It’s not a documentary, it’s their glorified version of events. Read: approved by the band themselves.

Did anyone spot the Dire Straits cameo?

7. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I give up.
    I await the Van Halen story where Sammy Hagar was the original guitarist.

8. EVH

Don

I’d watch that film :D

9. StevieP

Soldato

Been to see this tonight and I have to say I absolutely loved it!

Never been a massive Queen fan (or any particular music in general for that matter) but it told a fantastic story that gave me goose-bumps in places!

10. Flibster

Caporegime

Yup. Nice touch.

11. antijoke

Caporegime

Lol, this film caused a right stir on the local facebook page, apparently someone kicked off at the performance because everyone was singing along during the film and they didn't like it, things got heated and they ended up getting kicked out the cinema.

Must admit I would be annoyed if people were singing along too.

12. silverblack

Wise Guy

Wasn't a sexy grey haired bloke was it ? :D

13. the shadow

Soldato

who #Wouldyoustealapoliceman’shelmet

14. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

No chance I'd be boring everybody shouting out all the mistakes.

15. eggcup

Wise Guy

The guy kicking off sounds like a right ****!

You would be annoyed at people singing along to songs in the film?? You must of hated the Live aid part where all those people at Wembly were singing along to Radio Ga Ga.

16. antijoke

Caporegime

A concert is completely different

17. Edinho

Mobster

Well I saw it last night. I was impressed and equally unimpressed. A great performance on Freddie and the Live Aid performance was impressive.

But my god the dates are a complete joke - it is all over the place. You have songs written 5 years out. People meeting 5 years out. And a multitude of other stuff that was chronologically wrong - apparently We will rock you was written in 1980 and fat bottom girls performed somewhere near 1972 wtf? :confused:
    It seems that Live Aid could have happened 1985 +/- 5 years. Really? It kinda spoilt it for me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  18. BRIGGBOY81

Hitman

Yeah totally agree on the Live Aid concert and I had to watch the original after watching the film, It was very well done though and brought back a lot of memories. I liked the film a lot and thought he portrayed Freddie very well and although i am not a super fan of Queen, i do listen to them regularly and did think there were parts of the film that just felt a bit weird.