Boinc Pentathlon

Soldato
OP
Day 6 bulletin

Einstein
Looks like OcUK (#10) will now have to pay for their good start. They are currently blundering through the countryside and have allowed Ukraine (#9) to pass and Boinc.Italy (#11), Crunching@EVGA (#12), TeAm AnandTech (13), Rechenkraft.net (#14), Gridcoin (#15) and even Meisterkuehler (#16) are closing in. Mind you, the margins are currently still very large but don’t be fooled!

Overall
OcUK - Overclockers UK have built a little castle at #19. Storming this will be difficult for BOINC@MIXI (#20) and nigh impossible for TitanesDC (#21), AMD Users (#22), SETIKAH@KOREA (#23) and LITOMYSl (#24). BOINC Confederation are just about hanging on to #25 ahead of SETI@Deutschland and BT Retired Club (#27).

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Not sure that we are blundering through the countryside. We do have an objective, it's just that we are perhaps ambling rather than sprinting towards it?

That castle's walls could be made of mud if we are in fact blundering :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sorry chaps been out of the boinc stuff for a while now, fired up a few rigs to help out for the last half of the battle. Got everything except malaria running.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Yay Biffa to the rescue :D

Those on malaria, don't wind down too soon. Our current placing isn't guaranteed as the teams behind us are outproducing by significantly larger amounts.

Man of Honour
I can add malaria if it helps.

OK in there and joined team.

Put Folding@Home on hodl too on the mail rigs :eek: so I can put Einstein on the gpus. Still running 300K on the 750Ti's though :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Glad to have you on board Biffa
I've got some malaria tasks to drop, but I've had no Internet since 8 am this morning since upgrading my broadband, it can take up to midnight to come back on but I have some units expiring in the evening :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Malaria ceases at 1:00am tonight our time. We can't afford to slacken the pace, but don't over-queue WUs either since we need to switch efforts to other projects as soon as possible.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
hmm. Looks like my borged PC is playing up then.....

Ah, despite telling Einstein I only want GPU WUs, I'm swamped with CPU WUs as well. Hence no WGC :(

PDW

PDW

Associate
Andy I've just had a look at your machine (3 titans nice) You want to be just doing the 'Parkes PMPS XT' units which are much more productive than the 'Arecibo, GPU' units which are for slower cards, uncheck the latter in your Einstein preferences.

Biffa, you should also be doing just the Parkes units as suggested by hanluc :)

Two at a time as well (if you aren't already).

Soldato
OP
Malaria has now finished, we just held on to 20th fending off a late surge from titanesdc and we are now down to 12th on Einstein, the two teams below us are 2 and 3 million points behind us respectively, and their output is the same as ours so with two days to go we are looking good for 12th spot.

Soldato
OP
Don't know about swimming, we're currently drowning on yoyo, down to 22nd. Doesn't at the moment look like any more danger from behind, and we are slow catching one team above but they're 70,000pts ahead of us, think I'll give it another day and decide whether it worth continuing with. With so few of us spreading ourselves thinly isn't an option and then we have the sprint any day now.

Edit: we've just pulled the spot back on yoyo :) not going down without a fight!

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
They are coming back again, just like a yo-yo :D

Looks like there is a fair amount of stashing going on at Einstein, my pending total has risen quite sharply and now have over 2,000,000 points waiting to be validated :eek:

Slowly catching up in WCG but the Sprint to be announced tonight could through all sorts of spanners in the works !

PDW

PDW

Associate
Despite a big dump by CNT in Einstein yesterday evening my pending has still increased overnight :eek:

Sprint task is LHC SixTrack which you can't sign up for on their site, you need to do it using BOINC or BAM.

Back
Top Bottom