Boom Beach (SuperCell)

Caporegime
In a fairly reasonable clan which does 2 - 3 ops a week and aimed at mid level players like myself (I only just took out Hammerman Level 40 :) ).

However there are a couple of things that irritate me about Boom Beach vs other games of the type.

1. No shield (or revenge) after an attack so unless there is some form of hidden cool down you could (conceivably) have consecutive raids that see your assets reduced to nearly nothing. Was particularly annoyed the other morning after finishing Mega Crab and some 4mil gold saved towards the 5.4 mil tank upgrade, to find some miserable little 12 year old (probably) had attacked overnight and taken a million gold.

2. I'm around Level 48 at the moment but find it very hard to take out player islands at 43 and above. Not sure how the levelling works (in most of these games it doesn't, that well) or maybe I'm just carp at the game

3. Resource bases - IMHO when you win one it should stay yours for at least a couple of days. Otherwise it becomes a t!t for tat exercise which ends up using more resources than the island generates.

4. What really is the point of those useless shards and fragments? I've maxed out the statues for my level and I still have hundreds of pieces that will never be used. Should be able to sell them to the Trader for gold, resources etc. even if at a lousy exchange rate.

The shards allow you to create more high end statues, then you can dismantle them for PowerPowder (or whatever it's called). This can be used to bosot your statue powers and double the effect for a while. I always boost all of my offensive statues before taking on Dr Terror, it maximizes the troops and gives me a lot more resources.

I've found that you really need to work on your Gunboat multipliers as the levels go up. I currently have 9 Statues. 2x Gunboat Guardians (15% & 17%) as well as a Masterpiece that does 34%. I use power powder to boost the 34% one and in conjunction with my level 21 Gunboat I have over 100 action points at the start of a round. I use tanks so have 6x3 boats along with 8 medics and find it works well.

Regarding the shards etc. I didn't know what to do with them either until I was told. You can combine them to make statues by tapping on the shards themselves, then if you're not happy with the resulting statue, break it down into a higher level crystal. Once you've got the Masterpieces you can break them down into your power powder which doubles the effectiveness of the chosen statue. I usually use two, one on Reward and one on my gunboat energy Masterpiece for the Dr T, mega crab (level 22 this time) and Imitation game. I'm currently 60.6 or so.

Associate
I can't really be bothered with the game anymore. I have every single thing maxed out with zero need to any resources. No point doing mega crab or anything else as the only reward is gold/wood/stone/iron which i have zero use for.

Soldato
I can't really be bothered with the game anymore. I have every single thing maxed out with zero need to any resources. No point doing mega crab or anything else as the only reward is gold/wood/stone/iron which i have zero use for.

ROFLOL - I still struggle for just about every resource, reckon it will be another two or three years to top out assuming I don't put any real money into it. Hence my rage when some 12 year old from Chennai (probably) hoofed it with 1m of my gold :) .

Regarding the shards etc. I didn't know what to do with them either until I was told.

Thanks for that - off to brew some high end statues purely for the purpose of smashing them...

Associate
What do you guys think of the new update?

With the new tribes, i dont mind only getting a percentage of loot from npc bases so long as i dont have to swop out my crzm troops for tmed.

Caporegime
Not entirely sure about it at the moment. Haven't looked into it that much. I still need a lot fo my resources for upgrades. It seems like it's very much a thing for people at lvl 65

Soldato
Been playing Boom Beach for ages, level 65, gone off the boil a bit with it and feel like even after the update there is not a lot to play for unless you want to climb the medal ladder. Even the new update is relatively pointless as the statues seen so far don't really provide usefulness over and above gaining extra resources, and the cost to obtain shards goes up far to quickly to want to farm more to improve the lowish bonus they provide.

I do like the destroy option but again, limited in benefit. Still play to help out the TF with ops though.

Back
Top Bottom