Borderlands 3

Associate
Have guys been doing side-quests? I was never getting drops above my level.

And I didn't even do all of the side-quests, probably around half in each area.

For my first character I did. For my second one I was rushing a bit so hit bosses earlier than usual but I'd have hoped the loot would have taken that into account

Soldato
Currently level 29 on Fl4k, bought it at release but been playing other things, but i do find myself picking this up if i only have 30mins to an hour to spare, and i gotta say i love it.

Just got to the bit with the Carnival or whatever its called, the entire game is hilarious though, some of the characters crack me up, i especially liked the bunny explosion girl and helping her make the pizza :)

What lvl on average do you reach when you finish the game? and once i finish i guess that unlocks more modes or something? to be honest i never really played any of the previous BL games that much so im a bit of a noob with them.

I have to say as well the 2 vaults i have opened so far in the story mode have been brilliant, the boss fights feel almost like a raid boss fight, really well done.

Caporegime
What lvl on average do you reach when you finish the game? and once i finish i guess that unlocks more modes or something?

At least 32, higher if you have been doing any farming or loads of side-quests.

Once you complete the story, you can continue to play on normal mode and everything will be matched to your level, including any unfinished side-quests. You will also get access to the 3 mayhem modes, as well as the option to restart in True Vault Hunter Mode, which refreshes the story, but everything is level matched and much tougher and with better rewards.

Associate
I've finished it with three charactersnow, think I was lvl 38 with Fl4k and lvl 41 with Zane or thereabouts and lvl 45 with Moze (I ran her exclusively through joining other peoples games though so there's quests I did multiple times) but I did every side quest and hunted down collectables and stuff. When you finish the game it unlocks a few extra options, you get the 3 Mayhem modes (activates loads of modifiers to yourself and enemies in exchange for increased rewards) and True Vault Hunter Mode which restarts the game at your current lvl (I'd hold off that until 50 for that so you can get lvl 50 versions of certain quest rewards)

Soldato
At least 32, higher if you have been doing any farming or loads of side-quests.

Once you complete the story, you can continue to play on normal mode and everything will be matched to your level, including any unfinished side-quests. You will also get access to the 3 mayhem modes, as well as the option to restart in True Vault Hunter Mode, which refreshes the story, but everything is level matched and much tougher and with better rewards.

I started doing all the side quests, then all of a sudden i got inundated with them so stopped doing them, figured i'd have to run through the game again on the same character at some point on a harder mode so would do them then. Been enjoying the main story too much i guess :)

Thanks for the info on what to expect next, i guess i will finish story and then probably do the side missions i left and try and get to 50 at which point switch to True Vault Hunter Mode and get farming :)

Caporegime
I'll probably end up getting it on Steam but not until all the DLC is out and you can buy it all together in one package. I've only done one playthrough on PS4 and that was enough for me. Not loaded it up to play any of these special events either. :(

Soldato
What's the story with bosses respawning in this? I said I'd farm the next boss to see if I can actually get a legendary that is not a useless trinket so I did Warden, killed him easy, he must be the easiest boss in the game, but he won't resapawn?

I tried quitting and re-loading, quitting out of the whole game and reloading, turning in the objective and going on to the next mission and going ALL the way back to Warden and he does not respawn?

Caporegime
So can you just not re-do bosses or is this another bug? Or do you have to wait until you've finished the game or what to repeat bosses?

I don't know about Graveward, but I farmed Killavolt for a bit before I finished the story, just had to exit to the main menu and then start/continue. I would respawn to the nearest New-U station (which was right outside Killavolt's arena) and rinse/lather/repeat.

The 9-Volt SMG carried me for quite a few levels after that :D

Soldato
Level 35 now and up to the bit where you find out who the Calypso's dad is and start opening up the Grand Vault etc... still enjoying it, Boss fights are by far the best ive played in this type of game.

I keep doing the Halloween boss as well, thats such a fun little fight, i use it as a DPS test to see how fast i can get him down, although it seems gated at certain % he goes immune and summons his orbs you need to kill.

So far my tactic is using a shotgun and hitting my invis crit thing and just going mental on him, can get him to his immune phase in a couple of seconds lol

Associate
Level 35 now and up to the bit where you find out who the Calypso's dad is and start opening up the Grand Vault etc... still enjoying it, Boss fights are by far the best ive played in this type of game.

I keep doing the Halloween boss as well, thats such a fun little fight, i use it as a DPS test to see how fast i can get him down, although it seems gated at certain % he goes immune and summons his orbs you need to kill.

So far my tactic is using a shotgun and hitting my invis crit thing and just going mental on him, can get him to his immune phase in a couple of seconds lol

Fl4k's Fade Away action skill is the muts nuts! Love seeing all those red tracers, especially with a shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom