Borderlands the handsome edition [xbox one/ps4]

Caporegime
Think I'll be getting this. If I were to grind through solo, which is the best class to pick in Borderlands 2, in the event I don't play much co-op? From what I've read 'Zero' is a bad choice on later levels.

I'm playing the DLC character - the Mechromancer. She has a robot that can shoot lightning at rakks! :D

Soldato
I don't like what I've read about the free for all loot system in co-op, that must cause some grief!

From playing co-op on the previous gen it's tricky with randomers as you would expect but if you get a couple of mates you find the variations in play styles mean different guns and armour suit different people so it becomes pretty civilised. I found we tend to walk round checking out the loot and calling out things to each other and it all just kinda... worked.

Caporegime
So both games have a separate trophy list on the PS4. They don't use the ones from the PS3 version. Which means I have to play on PS3 now to get my rating up to A. Dammit.

(if you're wondering what I mean, I like to get my games to "A" on the http://psnprofiles.com site)

Last edited:
Soldato
This will be the game that will draw me away from destiny...

Missus and I can split screen coop - we have high level characters on last Gen which we can import but might start afresh. Go go RNG addiction!

Soldato
Another Borderlands edition :rolleyes:

They do love their editions.

Sense?

I mean, this is the first collection of games + the prequel sequel which current gen do not have. Only missing is BL1.

So not sure what you're on about them loving their editions.

E:
@1c2male
The Headhunter packs are basically additional heads to choose from for customisation. That should be available for PS4 too, unless there's some exclusive jobby again.

Caporegime
Oh, is that all. I thought they were mini DLC episodes.

It's all really confusing. I don't know what you get apart from the four DLC episodes which have trophies. I'm assuming you also get the two Ultimate Vault Hunter packs.

EDIT: It seems you get everything they've ever done. Steam lists 48 pieces of DLC so it must all be included according to this -

Over $100 in value and hundreds of hours of gameplay: includes all campaign add-ons, playable character packs, level cap upgrades, and assorted combat arenas previously released as downloadable content for both titles, plus dozens of additional character customizations.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sense?

I mean, this is the first collection of games + the prequel sequel which current gen do not have. Only missing is BL1.

So not sure what you're on about them loving their editions.

E:
@1c2male
The Headhunter packs are basically additional heads to choose from for customisation. That should be available for PS4 too, unless there's some exclusive jobby again.

I just meant the GOTY editions for 1 and 2, the inevitable GOTY edition for Pre Sequel and now the Handsome edition. I seem to see editions and dlc for BL all the time lol.

Soldato
This is the full Included DLC list.

Borderlands 2

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
Character Customization Packs
Collector’s Edition Pack
Commando Madness Pack
Commando Supremacy Pack
Commando Domination Pack
Siren Madness Pack
Siren Supremacy Pack
Siren Domination Pack
Gunzerker Madness Pack
Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
Gunzerker Domination Pack
Mechromancer Madness Pack
Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
Mechromancer Domination Pack
Assassin Madness Pack
Assassin Supremacy Pack
Assassin Domination Pack
Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
Psycho Madness Pack
Psycho Supremacy Pack
Psycho Domination Pack
Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
Psycho Party Pack
Siren Learned Warrior Pack
Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

Caporegime
So Borderlands Pre-Sequel has stuff still being made for it? And you'll get it for free when it is released? That's pretty cool of them to do that.

Which now makes me wonder if there'll be some kind of Ultimate Vault Hunter's Trilogy edition when they've finished DLC for Pre-sequel and they'll include all that and Borderlands 1 on the same disc.

Soldato
I just meant the GOTY editions for 1 and 2, the inevitable GOTY edition for Pre Sequel and now the Handsome edition. I seem to see editions and dlc for BL all the time lol.

Aye, that's because they've got plenty of DLC for each BL game.

This is a WHOLE collection. If they can promise a BL1 as an optional DL for all who buy the collection before a "X Date", that would be awesome.

I can only wish.

Associate
Ouch. Have you played it yourself or is this from others' comments?

Myself. Bought it off the US store last week. Been playing since Tue morning. Wish they had just locked the frame rate. It can be really off putting as it jerks around quite a lot. Not tried the pre sequel bar the intro and that was screen splitting hell.

Back
Top Bottom