Borderlands the handsome edition [xbox one/ps4]

Soldato
Didnt see a thread for discussion on this.

I've preordered it online for xbox one (45£ seems good value). Should I play the pre sequel first or B2? I've never played borderlands before.

Is there a levelling system? (Ie need to be a certain level to do stuff?) as I'd like to play with my gf at the same time (online, but also has 4 player couch Co op)

Full list of dlc
Borderlands 2

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
Character Customization Packs
Collector’s Edition Pack
Commando Madness Pack
Commando Supremacy Pack
Commando Domination Pack
Siren Madness Pack
Siren Supremacy Pack
Siren Domination Pack
Gunzerker Madness Pack
Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
Gunzerker Domination Pack
Mechromancer Madness Pack
Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
Mechromancer Domination Pack
Assassin Madness Pack
Assassin Supremacy Pack
Assassin Domination Pack
Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
Psycho Madness Pack
Psycho Supremacy Pack
Psycho Domination Pack
Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
Psycho Party Pack
Siren Learned Warrior Pack
Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Rainforest has it for £39.85...

For me digital at £45 represents far better value, being disc free, Ms points being cheaper to buy (ie 43 quid of points for 30quid). Nevermind the fact I can game share with my gf on my primary xbox :p.

However yes please spread the word of where to get the game cheap! More players discussing /playing the better.

Soldato
OP
Because going digital he effectively gets 2 copies, one for him and one for his other half. Otherwise I'm I'm sure he'd have gone disc.

This and I got ms points cheap, and prefer digital for games that have a long shelf life.

Please let's make this a topic about the game (anyone got answers to my OP?), rather than disc vs digital.

Caporegime
Personally, I'd play them in the order they were released so B2 first then the Pre-Sequel. The characters don't carry over from one game to another in case you wondered. I wonder if they'll do the original if this one sells well.

Soldato
Didnt see a thread for discussion on this.

I've preordered it online for xbox one (45£ seems good value). Should I play the pre sequel first or B2? I've never played borderlands before.

Is there a levelling system? (Ie need to be a certain level to do stuff?) as I'd like to play with my gf at the same time (online, but also has 4 player couch Co op)

You can be super high levelled and your gf could join you at like lvl 5, the only thing is she'd be useless against the enemies in your game xD

I'd reccomend making a second character just for co-op with her, it's what I've done on the last borderlands games with my gf :)

Looking forward to receiving it this week :D

Associate
Pre-ordered it, didn't want to, wanted to pick it up in work on Friday to make sure I got it on Friday! Alas, my store has been getting really crappy game deliveries recently, and BF:Hardline is the only new game we have got for months! So, if we do get a new game this week, it will probably be Bloodborne - so I used it's pre-order money on BL and will pick up BB on Friday. In before its the other way around!

On the subject on the game, can't wait, will be my 4th time playing through BL2 and second time with Pre-Sequel - just love this serious, a lot of fun!

EDIT:: PS3/4 Comparison video

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered digi version, I know it's more expensive but it's worth it to me, loved Borderlands 2 and never played the pre-squeal so looking forward to that.

Associate
Think I'll be getting this. If I were to grind through solo, which is the best class to pick in Borderlands 2, in the event I don't play much co-op? From what I've read 'Zero' is a bad choice on later levels.

Associate
got mine on order with the rainforest
had £30 in vouchers so it only cost me £9.75
i made the silly mistake of going from pc gaming to the xbox one, and i already had both these games and all dlc/season pass.
so feel sort of sick buying it again but i like the game

Associate
Think I'll be getting this. If I were to grind through solo, which is the best class to pick in Borderlands 2, in the event I don't play much co-op? From what I've read 'Zero' is a bad choice on later levels.

After watching some vids - soldier is the way to go for me with the cheap turret :D

I did originally have this on my Xbox 360 but didn't spend that much time on it, so looking forward to a good play through.

Hoping my fellow OCUK Destiny buddies make the move to this too so I can experience some fun co-op. I don't like what I've read about the free for all loot system in co-op, that must cause some grief!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom