Borderlands

Soldato
Gaige can be trickier if you use Anarchy as you have to get used to NOT re-loading. Very powerful if you can get the hang of it.

re-bind the reload key to something you can't access, use torgue or jakobs shotguns=much reloading=much anarchy=one-shotting pretty much everything

if you're going down the anarchy tree you need to max out the "close enough" perk first or anything short of point blank face shots you're not gonna hit anything.

Caporegime
Doing my first BL2 playthrough as Maya, not far in though, just did the sidequests before hunting down the Firehawk (so the Southpaw Steam bandit missions, the e-tech gun thing, and No Vacancy).

Doesn't seem to matter who I play, I'm always sniper then shotgun when things get close haha. Phaselock makes for easy headshots.

Associate
I was running a fast firing auto pistol (twin barrel that rotates) with fire elemental as maya. That thing tore through people, I'd just run at people and they'd melt. Was pretty fun. TBH, anything fast firing with elemental was pretty fun on her!

Soldato
Can be - remember it's all random chance. Each Legendary has a source (with a few exceptions) and they have roughly 10% chance to drop on a kill. You can also get world drops which are roughly 1 in 10,000 chance of happening on a kill/opening a chest.

To see non at all would just be bad luck but it can happen!

Soldato
Please! Those things are mere tasty snacks for Krieg! :D Get the melee spec out and BATHE IN THE MEAT CHUNKS! :D
Havent tried melee yet, i like my guns. And i LOVE bloodsplosion.

Might check it out though, around level 42 now, Krieg is definitely a lot stronger now. Loving this game. Again. I heard theyre making bl3, i hope its true.

Soldato
Is it generally better to have all legendaries? My shotgun is the fire effect which I'm keeping because of human enemies. I had a "purple effect" gun but disposed of it due to low accuracy in favour of a slightly less wobbly assault rifle.

Soldato
Is it generally better to have all legendaries? My shotgun is the fire effect which I'm keeping because of human enemies. I had a "purple effect" gun but disposed of it due to low accuracy in favour of a slightly less wobbly assault rifle.

for the same level, legendaries are better, but that doesnt mean a lv10 legendary is going to be better than a lv20 common (or therebouts), exceptions for anything that has ammo regen as you can use it to recharge ammo for a more effective gun.

generally the way to figure out the "best" gun you have in your inventory is the not so scientific shoot stuff and see which you like best for killing things.

the style, and how you spec your character comes into it as well, for example with gaige i found using torque/jakobs shotguns worked best as a low ammo capacity=more reloads=more anarchy stacks=more damage

in each game it seems of all the elemental types one seems to be preferable, in bl1 i found it wasnt that important, bl2 i found acid weapons to be the best "jack of all trades" weaponry wheras in bltps it seems to be all shock damage that works the best. of course that's mainly due to the characters, spec, and way i play

Soldato

A lot of what Mr.Hamster says is true so go with that for now or I'll b0re you to tears with formulae on gun damage and elemental matching :p

For BL2 the absolute best thing is to have an on level weapon (element matched if possible) so you do as much damage as possible. Obviously it goes without saying the better the rarity the better the damage. Be careful with the legendaries as quite a few are worse than their purple counter parts!

Back
Top Bottom