Borderlands

Soldato
UVHM is starting to be a pain again, all my lovely level 50 legendaries and purples are not cutting it anymore. I'll switch to melee for Krieg, because this is ridiculous, some of the enemies now have millions of HP - literally. It's just silly, even with purple weapons. Probably need to experiment with my skill points, I'd stuck with bloodsplosion for ages because it was good fun but UVHM is filthy in parts! Bullet sponge is not fun.

If you're on tonight I'll drop in and get you running with melee (and hellborn if you want!) as it can be quite a learning curve!

Soldato
Just remember to s.l.a.g everything. The Slagga is great for this and it doesn't really matter what level it is as you won't be using it for damage.

Yes I am, a level 49 slagga is one of the few decent weapons I have now. Nothign to finish them with though apart from rockets. My level 50 Bee is really showing it's age too - I have a level 57 one, if I can make it to 57. At 55 now and it is a painful slog. I had a load of great level 50 weapons but they just don't sut it at 55. And my bee is always down after the first shot from anyone!

Soldato
If you're on tonight I'll drop in and get you running with melee (and hellborn if you want!) as it can be quite a learning curve!

Yes that would be good actually, still experimenting with Mania, Krieg seems to get one-shotted down to FFYL as soon as I go into rampage and then I can't even use melee. My skillpoints are probably all over the place though. Still can’t get the hang of melee – I love my guns too much. It’s just sad when you’re favourite legendary guns get old. I’m up to Wildlife Preservation at level 55 – I absolutely blitzed it on TVHM, it was great fun, but haven’t found any legendaries since them and my purples are clearly not good enough. My legendary Thunder fists (42) and storm front (40) which destroyed everything in TVHM are just too weak on UVHM at 55. So sad to see great guns get old. :confused:

Suppose I probably need to start farming some legendaries, haven't done that yet, as I was surprisingly lucky on the first two playthroughs and found more than ever before. All my good gear is level 72 but at this rate I will not make it as it's no fun everyone being a bullet sponge with millions of hp v my pathetic pea-shooters!

Soldato
I loved the first game, but the sequel never really appealed to me. I felt it lacked the atmosphere of the original.

The soundtrack is amazing!
The sequel is very good - and the soundtrack is epic! Opening credits song is lovely and I picked the song during the credits when you finish the game, for my wedding! :) Top tune!

Associate
The sequel is very good - and the soundtrack is epic! Opening credits song is lovely and I picked the song during the credits when you finish the game, for my wedding! :) Top tune!

I bought it at launch, played it for about 10 hours, and never touched it again. Objectively, it's probably the better game, but it didn't appeal to me as much as the original. The lack of a western vibe is a common criticism, just look at the comments in the aforementioned video!

Caporegime
I bought it at launch, played it for about 10 hours, and never touched it again. Objectively, it's probably the better game, but it didn't appeal to me as much as the original. The lack of a western vibe is a common criticism, just look at the comments in the aforementioned video!

I found the 2nd to be my favourite, the writing and humour were spot on for me, was very refreshing at the time, the previous game that had me that engrossed AND laughing was Psychonauts.

Soldato
I found the 2nd to be my favourite, the writing and humour were spot on for me, was very refreshing at the time, the previous game that had me that engrossed AND laughing was Psychonauts.

Have to agree, the first game was great, but the humour development through the dlc's (especially claptraps revolution) really peaked when they came to making bl2 a much funnier game.

Then of course there came Tiny tina's dlc that has got to be one of the best dlc's ive played imo.

The pre sequel was ok, although the whole ozzie thing really got pushed too far methinks, it was too silly and didnt have enough seriousness to make the funny bits stand out.

Soldato

Yes! Psychonauts was very funny too!

The writing is very good in BL2, not many games make me laugh out loud - especially on the fifth-or-so playthrough.

Tiny Tina's was my favourite of the DLC, it really is excellent but I laughed a good bit at Mr Torgue's too - he is an hilarious character. That's the next one I'm going to replay, I need to buy myself an unkempt harold.

Associate
I have tried the pre sequel again, and just cannot get into it. Got a character to level 52 but will leave it there I think. BL2 is on a different level, fantastic. Who needs new graphics cards when games released in 2012 are this great. :)

Soldato
Tiny Tina's was my favourite of the DLC, it really is excellent but I laughed a good bit at Mr Torgue's too - he is an hilarious character. That's the next one I'm going to replay, I need to buy myself an unkempt harold.

"I know it was my job to set up the sponsors but i'm disorganised as *beep*, i was too busy suplexing a shark wearing a bolo tie, you may ask who was wearing the bolo tie me or the shark? Answer: yes!!!"

Mr torgue is bl2's go-to for awesome quotes :D

I have tried the pre sequel again, and just cannot get into it. Got a character to level 52 but will leave it there I think. BL2 is on a different level, fantastic. Who needs new graphics cards when games released in 2012 are this great. :)

I did a play through with athena, then started on a nisha build but kinda lost interest. Seems a much harder game than bl2, characters are so much less tanky than before, hell my gaige build managed 2 playthroughs with only a handful of deaths (most of which were the trolling last stands where everyone runs away and hides rather than providing a convenient kill to res with)

Soldato
"I know it was my job to set up the sponsors but i'm disorganised as *beep*, i was too busy suplexing a shark wearing a bolo tie, you may ask who was wearing the bolo tie me or the shark? Answer: yes!!!"

Mr torgue is bl2's go-to for awesome quotes :D

Indeed, I only started yesterday in the Badass Crater of Badassitude (great, great name) so I’m only number 50 on the leaderboard - Torgue helpfully informed me that I was behind his grandmother, but ahead of the guy she gummed to death!

I only have one question for you: EXPLOSIONS!?

Soldato

Yes this is so much better for the melee build, thanks for this, now Krieg is working great. Plus with Bloodsplosion, it’s an absolute joy. I was loving the Beatdown Bar Room Brawl last night – absolutely slaughtering them with rampage and bloodsplosion. They still killed me a few times though, so it’s still balanced, like one time my FFYL time was over in seemingly milliseconds, it was ridiculously short. Another time, I nearly had the badass down, but proceeded to melee smash myself in the face 2 or 3 times in a row! Downed myself, and when I went to FFYL, the badass sprinted away and hid where I couldn’t get him. So annoying! But gotta hand it to Gearbox, that is some sneaky AI!

Back
Top Bottom