Botched execution in the US

Soldato
Again you do not rehabilitate a child rapist/torturer/murderer, get over it.

Whilst it ultimately may not work, does that mean we should not even try? Surely we ought to attempt to 'fix' these 'broken' people, and at the very least try to understand what caused them to do it in the first place?

Thank God you do are not in charge, pedos/rapists/murders etc would all be walking around Scott free to commit crimes again.

Because that's clearly what he was saying... :rolleyes:

Soldato
I only repeated your words so you were the one to start the insults.

Thank God you and your likes are not in charge as pedos/rapists/murders etc would all be walking around Scot free to commit crimes again.

I am done with you period (now ignored).

I said I am disgusted by certain opinions I did not insult you as you did in your reply.

Okay so you don't like my opinion, insult then ignore me?

Who is the real child? you cannot even hold a debate with someone over such a simple subject.

Have a good day.

Soldato
I think if you lot who are defending(?) him needs to close your eyes and think of the 11 month old child as been yours, then rethink your views :D

btw - im not referring to the man who took 40 minutes to die , im aiming for the kiddy fidler

Soldato
Killing intentionally is wrong (except, see 2nd sentence), killing by accident/in the heat of the moment to achieve the greater good self-defence/defence of another is a different circumstance.

Killing intentionally can only be seen as right in specific circumstances, say a sniper taking out a hostage taker who appears to be about to murder a hostage. Secondly a person in a situation where the only way that seems to be available to subdue an assailant and prevent innocents being killed/hurt is taking an action that could quite possibly be fatal.

Okay, so we've (as a thread, not you personally) gone from:

Killing is wrong.
Execution is killing.
So execution is wrong.

to

Killing when not in self-defence,for the greater good, and in the heat of the moment is wrong.
Execution is killing that is not in self-defence, for the greater good and in the heat of the moment.
So execution is wrong.

Do you agree this modus ponen is a valid summary of your position?

Soldato

Killing is wrong.
Execution is killing.
So execution is wrong.

to

Killing when not in self-defence,for the greater good, and in the heat of the moment is wrong.
Execution is killing that is not in self-defence, for the greater good and in the heat of the moment.
So execution is wrong.

Or, to make things simple;
Killing, where avoidable, is wrong.

Why complicate it?

Man of Honour
I think if you lot who are defending(?) him needs to close your eyes and think of the 11 month old child as been yours, then rethink your views :D

btw - im not referring to the man who took 40 minutes to die , im aiming for the kiddy fidler

And you would be in the position of giving an authoritative judgement on executing those kinds of individuals because?

Last edited:
Soldato
What you're basically saying there is don't let objective, well thought out arguments cloud your judgement when you can just think about emotive things.

don't you wish you could catch some of these type of criminals and give them a nice punishment , I know your in the police so I guess you do

ps , how many parking tickets did you issue today?

Man of Honour

Killing is wrong.
Execution is killing.
So execution is wrong.

to

So execution is wrong.

Sums it up pretty well, although the original points were not covering the self defence/greater good angles, these just came in to clarify positions and questions raised on other points of discussion.

Man of Honour
don't you wish you could catch some of these type of criminals and give them a nice punishment , I know your in the police so I guess you do

ps , how many parking tickets did you issue today?

I can see you're trolling. Stop it.

The way I see it, it's better to have people contributing to society. Locking people up ultimately is saying that you've given up on someone and that they can't be helped. For some people this is the case, but not the majority. Even paedophiles can get treatment and overcome there "illness" - this is not uncommon. I believe that we should rehabilitate the people that can and want to be rehabilitated. Those that can't or don't want to, need to stay in prison.

Oh and Police don't give out parking tickets anymore ;)

Soldato
if I didn't read the paper online, it'l then pop up on tv or ill hear somebody talking about it.

I suppose I only read about this crap, but you have to deal with it :o

Soldato
I only repeated your words so you were the one to start the insults.

Thank God you and your likes are not in charge as pedos/rapists/murders etc would all be walking around Scot free to commit crimes again.

I am done with you period (now ignored).
That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this forum.

You are aware that just because some of us are not in favour of killing prisoners it doesn't meant we want to let them out.

What you're basically saying there is don't let objective, well thought out arguments cloud your judgement when you can just think about emotive things.
Indeed.

Why does this subject of all bring out the biggest idiots with the least thought out opinions, threads like this really do reinforce my anti-democratic views - the public are simply far too stupid to think rationally when it comes to emotive issues.

Last edited:

RDM

RDM

Soldato

The mother was opposed to the death penalty. So I don't think it is quite as clear cut as you think.

Back
Top Bottom