Botched execution in the US

Soldato
Yer sure it wasnt efficient and that is quite ironic about the comparison between Iran and US yer.

The cause for capital punishment being pushed back where? In the UK or US? We all know that capital punishment wont be coming back in the UK and the cause for capital punishment in the US concerns me not.

Pushed back in the US in relation to the US which appears not to matter to you. I am sure there are plenty of people on here who'd vote for it to come back - quite a few in this thread I would wager.

Caporegime
I bet the next guy is bricking it now............. GOOD :)

Because of this incident he might not be executed at all.

All executions are going to be delayed indefinitely while this is investigated and there are going to be some very long legal trials.
This could well be the beginning of the end of capital punishment in the US.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pushed back in the US in relation to the US which appears not to matter to you. I am sure there are plenty of people on here who'd vote for it to come back - quite a few in this thread I would wager.
Indeed.

Pimg0SJ.png

Just over a third of the population.

Or... 81% of BNP voters.

8roAqt5.png

If it was me, I'd reconsider my views on the matter it's one commonly shared by the group with the lowest IQ... but hey...

Soldato
If it was me, I'd reconsider my views on the matter it's one commonly shared by the group with the lowest IQ... but hey...

Saying that though I think you would need to reconsider your views on a matter if it correlated with those in the highest IQ bracket from what I've read of your allegiances on these forums. :p

Soldato
Because of this incident he might not be executed at all.

All executions are going to be delayed indefinitely while this is investigated and there are going to be some very long legal trials.
This could well be the beginning of the end of capital punishment in the US.

Nope. They will wait for about 2 months for it to calm down then re-start.
I remember one guy would put on so much weight he couldn't
fit in the chair. So they put him on a diet then fried him ;)

Texas is getting ready for the next bunch to get it. Well done USA.

Caporegime
It's disgraceful, the "doctors" have no right to be called that, they violated the Hippocratic oath and are clearly clueless about medicine. Who on earth executes someone with those kind of drugs? Propofol or morphine would be the obvious choice if barbiturates were not available.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Indeed.

Pimg0SJ.png

Just over a third of the population.

Or... 81% of BNP voters.

8roAqt5.png

I'm not quite following that? Where is it from out of interest and what population does the 'all' refer to?

Soldato
It's disgraceful, the "doctors" have no right to be called that, they violated the Hippocratic oath and are clearly clueless about medicine. Who on earth executes someone with those kind of drugs? Propofol or morphine would be the obvious choice if barbiturates were not available.

US doctors have a higher burden to the state than their patients and their profession - it doesn't work like the EU hence why they can work at Gitmo. Propofol was not available for usage because it is mainly made in Germany. Therefore, they would be putting the scheduled regular procedures at risk if they were to use it in executions. As I have pointed out before they should have used midazolam with a larger dose + opiate, then vecuronium and the the KCl. However they would actually need to have a line in place anyway. How the hell they couldn't find a vein on a person of that age is pretty worrying that then placed a femoral when they quite clearly didn't have the ability to do so then didn't even check it is even more so. Alternatively, they could not kill people or even if they insisted on continuing to do so just use nitrogen.

Caporegime
I personally refrain from calling them doctors, they are not physicians if they act contrary to their profession.

I am completely against the use of paralytic drugs and potassium chloride, it runs the risk of extreme suffering because the "patient" could potentially be awake, just like in this situation. All you need is an anaesthetic, that guarantees that the "patient" is unconscious when dying and will not suffer, just simple respiratory depression is all that is needed, and that is why the use of an anaesthetic as a sole agent is the standard method of euthanasia of animals, and humans too for that matter.

I am against the death penalty anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I personally refrain from calling them doctors, they are not physicians if they act contrary to their profession.

I am completely against the use of paralytic drugs and potassium chloride, it runs the risk of extreme suffering because the "patient" could potentially be awake, just like in this situation. All you need is an anaesthetic, that guarantees that the "patient" is unconscious when dying and will not suffer, just simple respiratory depression is all that is needed, and that is why the use of an anaesthetic as a sole agent is the standard method of euthanasia of animals, and humans too for that matter.

I am against the death penalty anyway.

They are doctors - all doctors in the USA practice under those conditions. Every country in the world has a differing weight of responsibility to the profession, the state, society and to the patient.

Why are you against paralytic agents and KCl they were chosen for good reason. The patient was only awake because of other failures. I've already explained why they can't use an aesthetic.

For someone who playing the appeal to expertise the other day you seem to be missing quite a bit.

Soldato
Is there any reason why they no longer use firing squads? A bullet to the head should always kill instantly, it makes no sense when you can get potential dosages wrong, causing the prisoner to die in extreme pain.

Caporegime
Is there any reason why they no longer use firing squads? A bullet to the head should always kill instantly, it makes no sense when you can get potential dosages wrong, causing the prisoner to die in extreme pain.

Oklahoma and Utah still offer firing squad, if I recall correctly they also aim for the heart.

Soldato

I know we'd have several people on this forum who would in likelihood claim they would love the job the real world shows that when people undertake such things it tends to do them irreversible psychological harm.

Soldato
Rather than the death penalty being enforced in such a disgusting manner, they should be used to clear mine fields or something to make their deaths useful. Might even save a life to payback for one's they took/ruined.

Caporegime
They are doctors - all doctors in the USA practice under those conditions. Every country in the world has a differing weight of responsibility to the profession, the state, society and to the patient.

I disagree, if you violate the basic principles of medicine you are not a physician. Being a doctor is more than just having a medical degree, you must act in an ethical manner, ie. not murdering people in the capacity of a state hitman.

Why are you against paralytic agents and KCl they were chosen for good reason. The patient was only awake because of other failures. I've already explained why they can't use an aesthetic.
Isn't it obvious?

If you use paralytic agents there is a possibility no matter how small, of a horrible death, if you use anesthetics only that possibility is eliminated. That is why only anaesthetics are used in euthanasia.

Can't get hold of them? Then don't do the execution.

Caporegime
Rather than the death penalty being enforced in such a disgusting manner, they should be used to clear mine fields or something to make their deaths useful. Might even save a life to payback for one's they took/ruined.

or you know just use machines they've designed to detect them, what happens when a mine goes off and they survive with limbs missing?

Back
Top Bottom