• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Lol everytime AMD wins its always the same. Something must be wrong with the drivers or the games broken.

Seems so, although the idea behind the new API's is to get rid of all the bloat from the driver and let the developers take more control. But I would love see this code.

Seems so, although the idea behind the new API's is to get rid of all the bloat from the driver and let the developers take more control. But I would love see this code.

Yep.. Wasn't the game developers when using Dx12 and Vulkan in full control.. Also the game released today, and nvidia released there own game ready driver on 21/09/17 for Forza 7

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Long time @D.P for nvidia to realise if what you saying something wrong.

What about the shock horror of the fact what we actually seeing here is a game coded so we'll for AMD hardware, consoles included that NVidia just got beaten so hard?

After all it is only one game the 1080 Ti has been done for. Nothing worrying for nvidia just yet. But I for one would love this to keep happening haaa Wolfenstein 2 next

Lol everytime AMD wins its always the same. Something must be wrong with the drivers or the games broken.
More nonsense.

This is just an objective analysis of the state of Forza number on different hardware, and the same hardware running on dozens upon dozens of games. The numbers for Nvidia cards clearly show something is wrong, the facts speak for themselves.

There is no trend to be seen, just a single outlier. And its not as if Vega is doing particularly well in other DX12 games.

An update for Forza Motorsport 7 is now available to download. In addition to repairs for stability issues on the Windows 10 version of the game, the patch resolves a few problems for both the Xbox One and PC variants.

In terms of hardware, those with an Nvidia GPU coupled with a monitor that has G-Sync enabled will see an increase in frame rate. And if you’re using the game as a benchmarking tool, you might want to run some new tests today: It seems that the initial program didn’t display the correct minimum framerate, but the issue is now resolved.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/forza-7-windows-10-update,35609.html

More nonsense.

This is just an objective analysis of the state of Forza number on different hardware, and the same hardware running on dozens upon dozens of games. The numbers for Nvidia cards clearly show something is wrong, the facts speak for themselves.

There is no trend to be seen, just a single outlier. And its not as if Vega is doing particularly well in other DX12 games.

So the engine b0rked is that what your saying? Let me guess the fix is Nvidias DX11 code path.

Dear people that make Forza your engine is clearly b0rked and it's become apparent you have no clue what your doing because no way AMD cards should be running the game so well. Please let Nvidia fix your issues for you by nurfing performance to an acceptable level. Dont worry if the code is black box. Everything is fine.

Yep.. Wasn't the game developers when using Dx12 and Vulkan in full control.. Also the game released today, and nvidia released there own game ready driver on 21/09/17 for Forza 7

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Long time @D.P for nvidia to realise if what you saying something wrong.

What about the shock horror of the fact what we actually seeing here is a game coded so we'll for AMD hardware, consoles included that NVidia just got beaten so hard?

After all it is only one game the 1080 Ti has been done for. Nothing worrying for nvidia just yet. But I for one would love this to keep happening haaa Wolfenstein 2 next

We don;t know when Nvidia had access to Forza code, and we don't know the exact nature of the problem. Furthermore, with DX12 there is a lot less Nvidia can do about bad game engines.There may be asboltuely ntohing Nvidia cna do on there side, it mgiht need changes to the game gnine. IF the developers don;t want to make those changes then these results will stand.

I haven't even discussed the AMD results. A quick analuyis of the Nvidia results is all you need to know that soemthign is not right with NVidia GPUS at this time in this one game. It is hard to know how well AMD GPUs are doing, the fact that the Ti takes a very helathy lead over the Vega64 at 4K when GU grunt actually starts to matter doesn't paint a particualrly rosy picture for Vgea. If Vega PU was really starting to show what all those transistors are thre for, then you would expect the 4K result to show the biggest lead of Nvidia. Moreover, it is not just Vega that has srong results, at 1080p the RX570 has simialr miniums to th Ti. Do you honestly expect that t be the case in a well balnced, well egnineered and fair benchmark? That result alone uggest that there is soemthing wrong with Pascal running this one game.

We can see if it keeps happening, but I woudln;t hold my breath. We have pelnty of DX12 games out already that show Vega does't magcially pull a commanding lead.

So the engine b0rked is that what your saying?
That is pretty obviosu lookign at the results.
Let me guess the fix is Nvidias DX11 code path.
Not at all, pAscal GPUs run DX12 just fine, look at the benchamrks. Under DX11 Nvidia might have had an easier time to fix the game engine code, but a properly coded DX12 game will run just as fast on Vnidia GPUs as it would in DX11.

Dear people that make Forza your engine is clearly b0rked and it's become apparent you have no clue what your doing because no way AMD cards should be running the game so well. Please let Nvidia fix your issues for you by nurfing performance to an acceptable level. Dont worry if the code is black box. Everything is fine.

I haven't said anything bout AMD's performance. Ther est of your post is just more childish nonsense.

We don;t know when Nvidia had access to Forza code, and we don't know the exact nature of the problem. Furthermore, with DX12 there is a lot less Nvidia can do about bad game engines.There may be asboltuely ntohing Nvidia cna do on there side, it mgiht need changes to the game gnine. IF the developers don;t want to make those changes then these results will stand.

I haven't even discussed the AMD results. A quick analuyis of the Nvidia results is all you need to know that soemthign is not right with NVidia GPUS at this time in this one game. It is hard to know how well AMD GPUs are doing, the fact that the Ti takes a very helathy lead over the Vega64 at 4K when GU grunt actually starts to matter doesn't paint a particualrly rosy picture for Vgea. If Vega PU was really starting to show what all those transistors are thre for, then you would expect the 4K result to show the biggest lead of Nvidia. Moreover, it is not just Vega that has srong results, at 1080p the RX570 has simialr miniums to th Ti. Do you honestly expect that t be the case in a well balnced, well egnineered and fair benchmark? That result alone uggest that there is soemthing wrong with Pascal running this one game.

We can see if it keeps happening, but I woudln;t hold my breath. We have pelnty of DX12 games out already that show Vega does't magcially pull a commanding lead.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, I want this to be true and maybe I am very much jumping the gun. We just need to see more results now that we have been told they was indeed something wrong with NVIDIA when using Gsync.
How much an improvement this patch brings is anyone's guess.
Computerbase say nothing about Gsync being used.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, I want this to be true and maybe I am very much jumping the gun. We just need to see more results now that we have been told they was indeed something wrong with NVIDIA when using Gsync.

Yeah me too. Looking for a graphics card upgrade has been LOL tastic. I can't believe the card I bought in 2013 isn't getting hammered by a sub £100 card now.

Computerbase say nothing about Gsync being used.

I doubt the patch will fully fix things either. I doubt Computerbase.de used gsync for starters.

However, I do know not to trust an outlier.

Back
Top Bottom