• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Game isn't FPS locked!!! False information you spreading here D.P
heh, reviews I saw said it wont go over a 60FPS lock so unless you can laod up the game enough to be under that limit then you can't benchmark. There are some hack s that some people used to remove that lock.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/forza-7-pc-graphics-performance-benchmarks.html

Unfortunately the game is limited towards 30 or 60 FPS caps and a forced VSYNC setting, there is a workaround though.

I had a peek, thus far I remain to be unable to break free from the 60 FPS cap myself.

Yup, although I believe they benched the demo, maybe that had a lock?

Doubt it because the game, setting for the fps only kicks in of you enable the dynamic optimization, this means the game will down scale and target the fps.

Disable the auto optimization and set dynamics fps the game will put out what ever fps you can achieve.

to be expected mostly for Xbox oneX exclusives, microsoft cornered themselves with the 4k promess, with the hardware being barely capable, these exclusives will be heavily optimized for AMD at launch, but Nvdia will eventualy get there with couple drivers.
too bad this is not Gran Turismo or Red Ded Redemption 2....microsoft's exclusives sux :(

I cannot get this game to start! I get the intro fine, but just after intro and just get a black screen with music in the background. Cannot do anything at this point except alt-F4 to close it. Anyone any ideas? Forza forums are useless. So close to just getting a refund !

to be expected mostly for Xbox oneX exclusives, microsoft cornered themselves with the 4k promess, with the hardware being barely capable, these exclusives will be heavily optimized for AMD at launch, but Nvdia will eventualy get there with couple drivers.
too bad this is not Gran Turismo or Red Ded Redemption 2....microsoft's exclusives sux :(

It's not like we havent had it the other way around and nvidia was the brand that had proper optimization out the gate. While i personally would vote for proper optimization/drivers from both side at launch i do think its good to see some love for the red team for once. That is coming from someone with a 1080ti btw.

I do feel we have yet to see the true performance of Vega but this score does look very odd. I would have thought Nvidia would have been quick to explain though.

I do feel we have yet to see the true performance of Vega but this score does look very odd. I would have thought Nvidia would have been quick to explain though.
Well I think the thread title should be changed to forza demo not forza ;)

It's a single unverified result of a demo. Let's wait for full game benchmarks.

You missing the point :p
RX vega needs support from developers to get the most out of the GPU. Stop using old games, these have not been developed with Vega.
Forza 7 is using rx vega features and upcoming releases will also. Am very interested in seeing how Farcry 5 and wolfenstein 2 perform.

Great post, just like Ryzen over time more optimization will give more performance. It's still early days for AMD's new products.

Funny reading the comments from the Nvidia defense force in this thread. You guys make me smile xD

I cannot get this game to start! I get the intro fine, but just after intro and just get a black screen with music in the background. Cannot do anything at this point except alt-F4 to close it. Anyone any ideas? Forza forums are useless. So close to just getting a refund !
Did you uninstall any Windows Xbox apps? If so, restore them, you'll need them to sign in to play. I had a similar issue whereby i couldn't get past the intro screen as it was trying to sign me to an app that was removed.

Back
Top Bottom