• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Nah mate, The ti has an edge in bandwidth and has more memory. That being said, the degree to which the ti pulled away from the 64 was not massive either. Things are very different between 1440 & 3840.

Nah mate, The ti has an edge in bandwidth and has more memory. That being said, the degree to which the ti pulled away from the 64 was not massive either. Things are very different between 1440 & 3840.
In terms of bandwidth it depends on what card you get and what overclock has been applied by the manufacturer, at stock/OEM there about the same at 484 Gb/s.

The 4k results are a little strange until you compare the 1080ti and Vega 64's pixel fill rate, the 1080Ti is way ahead pixel fill rate which is more important at higher resolutions, it could be the Vega 64 has hit a bottleneck here.

You can argue everything is broken because its more true then saying any game is perfect. There is a clearly a bias and how each setup navigates that varys quite a bit. In some cases Nvidia deliberately tries to swing that bias or it can just be the lay of the land, I just hope they go forward. Worst case scenario for Vega is the next two years is more of dx11 and various features are possibly wasted unused by old api, engines and stalled development. I only hope Vega progress will be interesting and occasionally surprise, out doing the 1080ti rings that bell :D FPM on wolf 2 is for the big effects not that the entire engine will be faster, is my rough impression

Mmmmmm Its been a good couple days since its Forza 7 Release and no big YouTubers showing its Performance!! Mmmmmm Dont want to show Nvidia in Bad limelight??
Highly doubt that is the case. Youtubers main loyalty is with views and whatever can generate it, negative or positive doesn't matter.

on a side note, i tried the forza demo on the windows store(eeeww) and its so buggy on my 1080ti. a lot of the geometry is missing when running the built in benchmark which leads to cars driving on thin air instead of a textured road.

Mmmmmm Its been a good couple days since its Forza 7 Release and no big YouTubers showing its Performance!! Mmmmmm Dont want to show Nvidia in Bad limelight??
I suspect they are busy benchmarking the full game rather than relying on unverified results from a demo....

...like this thread.

Highly doubt that is the case. Youtubers main loyalty is with views and whatever can generate it, negative or positive doesn't matter.

on a side note, i tried the forza demo on the windows store(eeeww) and its so buggy on my 1080ti. a lot of the geometry is missing when running the built in benchmark which leads to cars driving on thin air instead of a textured road.
The engine really seems broken.

And for most people the 60FPS lock means there is much to performance testing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom