• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Even with another 15-25% AMD are still better.

There are benchmarks on the web with the new driver seeing the standard 1080 match the vega 64, and even maintaining better frame timing/pacing.

Party's over boys. The discrepancy was just down to bad nvidia drivers.

GG Well played Nvidia :D Still strange why none of these Big Youtubers that I follow have yet to upload any Forza 7 Benchmark footage! Something else I think we can take away from this release and its something AMD have been smashed about in the past and that's Day One Performance!
I wounder with all this Console Optimisation does AMDs day one performance start beating out Nvidia in a lot of DirectX 12 titles and that Nvidia will need to release drivers to fix issues? I would also like to see how does this effect Nvidia 700 series did they get love with this new driver?
Because the full AMD line up that support DX12 performance is what you expect...

Lots of question that I can not answer alone!

GG Well played Nvidia :D Still strange why none of these Big Youtubers that I follow have yet to upload any Forza 7 Benchmark footage! Something else I think we can take away from this release and its something AMD have been smashed about in the past and that's Day One Performance!
I wounder with all this Console Optimisation does AMDs day one performance start beating out Nvidia in a lot of DirectX 12 titles and that Nvidia will need to release drivers to fix issues? I would also like to see how does this effect Nvidia 700 series did they get love with this new driver?
Because the full AMD line up that support DX12 performance is what you expect...

Well let me try for you.

Don't believe unverified benchmarks based on a demo (a demo! Come on!) from an obscure website.

Basic, basic stuff matey.

Last edited:
Lets face it though, even with the Nvidia improved performance the V64 still performs ok. Although saying that, how those original figures for the Nvidia card could be believed is beyond me.

Look at the shills - "Woohoo the party's over boys, nVidia caught up"

Yeah, they caught up. The party was over and they were late.

Parity is now victory? Is the game relevant now also? LOL.
What the dickens??? You are making a mountain out of a mole hill and coming across as hurt because NVidia released a driver that gives its users more performance.

I do feel for you Shankly. Like you say, that is a lot of questions that you can not answer alone. You are indeed only one man and that is a task that requires dedication. In other news, I liked the fact that Vega was awesome from day 1 and great to see it. I remember too many times that AMD have been so slow with performance and needed drivers that came out a few months later.

Back
Top Bottom