Bought a GTR

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate that looks just right. Racelogic PerformanceBox is in the supported list.

Without getting into it too much right now, is it easy to sync up video with data log?

Soldato
Very easy, you just add the two files (vid/gps) and use the sync function to match the start times. I do it for the rally car vids and it takes about 2 mins to do, its usualy finding the start of the gps that takes the time.

Man of Honour
That is mint!

I had a look out of curiousity and surprisingly the GTR looks very affordable compared to most performance cars.

One day perhaps.....! You definitely get an awful lot for your dollar.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I will try to keep the thread up to date.

So far running costs have only been Insurance and Petrol as I get 3 years of servicing and performance optimisations included in the new cost.

Insurance is just over 1k with Admiral (a little more now with mods declared) and I have done ~2k miles, averaging 18mpg only running V-Power so I guess that is just over 700 quid on fuel. I have all the receipts so can check.

Tyres and brakes will be the bigger expenses when the time comes!

Soldato
OP
Happy Birthday to me :D

wp20121210001.jpg

Fun for inside while I wait for the weather to be good again to have fun outside!

Soldato
OP
Haha you guys... I have been buying almost everything I can from OCUK for the last 12 years!

Now you have me hooked on sweets that I never used to eat, 5 little packets in with the wheel.

wp20121210002.jpg

I have to keep these on my shelf now...
wp20121210003.jpg

Soldato
OP
I have the same wheel. Great piece of kit.

Happy B Day!

Thanks!

Wheel seems really solid, been spending the last hour playing with the pedal box and haven't even plugged the USB cable in yet.

So much to adjust!

Going to be using it with Project CARS but may also try out SHIFT 2 that came free.

Soldato
This! It is about time for another one, it has been over 3 years since the last one. Preferably after I've had the rot sorted, don't want the car to look too sheddy.

I'd definitely be up for an East Anglia meet, as long as we could hold it somewhere a bit more central (mid Suffolk seems like the obvious choice so those from Essex can come? And Suffolk has some awesome roads too).

Back
Top Bottom