Bought a GTR

Just had a read through all the mods on your project thread.

You were not kidding when you said the gearbox clips are puny as standard compared to the new ones!

Yeah and the design hasn't changed since all the early gearbox failures due to launching.
They just changed the way the launch control brings in the power so there is less stress on the box and more slip on the clutch packs.

If you go back a page on this thread I posted most details from my gtroc thread also :)

OCUK East Anglia meet!

This! It is about time for another one, it has been over 3 years since the last one. Preferably after I've had the rot sorted, don't want the car to look too sheddy.

S7000998.jpg

Nice to see you've kept the exterior standard.

Hope you dont plan to change it!

Other than the exhaust tips everything will remain stock looking.

Not even going to lower it as it just wouldn't be practical for me.

We went to Cromer for chips & ice cream :D

Oh and I forgot in the first post, epic purchase. Will have to keep an eye out for you.

Thought it looked familiar!

I am over somewhere between Aylsham and North Walsham ;)

Office is in Norwich though, on Thorpe Road. Not driving the GTR in freezing conditions if you plan on looking for it!

If we have a meet over the winter I know a great pub location with big car park we could meet at.
http://www.theguntonarms.co.uk/
Its my local and very nice :D

Something about a 911 Turbo S still being faster in a straight line. I had no idea Nissan have just released a new one that does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.

Ah fair enough!

My birthday is next week and I have a feeling I am getting one of these.

pb1.jpg

Can't wait to see what it does :D

It depends on how it records (or exports) it's data but it's essentially what I use (10Hz GPS datalogger) and there's lots of programs that can take the recorded data and display it as a video overlay. I'd use www.racerender.com as there's a free version (I paid for the upgraded version) for you to try it with.

You select a video feed (GoPro) and the GPS data and it'll overlay them in what-ever gauge "style" you prefer. It's very flexible but the free version is limited in options but for a free "try it" version it's good enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom