Bought an S2000!

I've only driven an early 350z, but IMO the 350z is more of a GT cruiser than a S2000 competitor. It's probably closer to a Monaro in terms of handling and drive.... IMO.

Thanks guys

How's does the S2k compare to the 350z then man?

I wont be picking it up until Monday or Tuesday so too early to give a full writeup yet. Initial impressions are awesome.

I had a DC2 R for a couple of years and getting back into a vtec engined car just feels right. I did love the zed but at times I found it a bit drama-less...if that makes sense? It was fast and handled well but I felt it just lacked that certain something. For me the S2000 has it.

Look forward to the writeup.

I did consider an S2K over the 350z but the lol insurance put me off. £2.5K hmm no thanks!

I'm not sure how I would get on with a soft top all year but I reckon I would be ok tbh. The only other thing is the space inside, I am pretty tall and after sitting in one at a Honda show room I can't imagine long drives would have been enjoyable.

Definitely agree about the S2K being more of a sports car. The 350z feels like an occasion to me though, I love the low growl it makes :D

When looking at both myself the insurance did almost put me off, can't really understand how the s2k should cost more to insure than the 350z?

Happy with my decision though

I would imagine it is the combination of back end happy handling with a soft top and it being the most desirable honda money can buy (bar the NSX).

24 with 6 years NCB, and £620 in a good part of Bath... (few minor modifications) and excess ~ 300

Maybe its my optimism, but I'd have still thought ~300BHP 3.5L v6 > 2L 240bhp 4pot in terms of insurance madness?

Insurance group also, 45 for the 350z and 40 for the S2k

Back
Top Bottom