Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2021, São Paulo - Race 19

Rate the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
So only one side of the Merc rear wing failed the test, the other side and the middle passed?

Sounds very much broken then. The wing assembly was taken away, and Merc still haven't seen it... Anything sound iffy about that?

Normally if something breaks in quali, you can replace it with another part of the same spec for scrutineering. But this, nope.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So only one side of the Merc rear wing failed the test, the other side and the middle passed?

Sounds very much broken then. The wing assembly was taken away, and Merc still haven't seen it... Anything sound iffy about that?

Normally if something breaks in quali, you can replace it with another part of the same spec for scrutineering. But this, nope.
They knew of the potential problem before quali started so the argument is they could have fixed it.

Man of Honour
What a great sprint that was.

:eek: I agree, I’m shocked.

It stinks. Anyway, it’s fired up Mercedes and it’s fun to watch. I doubt Hamilton can win the WDC, what what a win it would be.

Soldato
I don’t think any of them had an answer for that pace, he was all over them - straights, braking zones, corners.

I don't disagree but I expect it will take him a bit longer to carve his way through as tomorrow there will be championship points at stake. Today there was nothing to gain for them as they knew that with his penalty he's likely to start behind them anyway. With Merc pit stop strategy being a bit off recently, keeping him back a few corners/ laps might pay off at the end of the race

Man of Honour
They knew of the potential problem before quali started so the argument is they could have fixed it.

Haven't seen anything that shows they knew anything about it before Quali. Just post quali, when the gauge was pushed into the (for the want of a better term) 'flap gap' and the wing also passed the static test which is what's stated as the test in the regs. It's a non-binding technical directive that states a maximum of a 10Nm force to be applied. Ok then? How is the force applied? Gentle shove, pneumatic cylinder? Is it calibrated?

Man of Honour
I don't disagree but I expect it will take him a bit longer to carve his way through as tomorrow there will be championship points at stake. Today there was nothing to gain for them as they knew that with his penalty he's likely to start behind them anyway. With Merc pit stop strategy being a bit off recently, keeping him back a few corners/ laps might pay off at the end of the race

With a longer race he won’t need to be as aggressive. Unless there’s a safety car the field will spread and he’ll pick them off easily with drs and in the pits.

Soldato
It's clearly a wing failure. You wouldn't design an unbalance like that on one side. It's harsh imo the way it's been handled in comparison to similar incidents in the past.

Associate
No I wouldn't I would have said the same thing it's the fanboys like yourself who always see with rose tinted specs

So now stooping to the level of calling me a fanboy. Are you not the same individual who was team Nico and heavily against Lewis, you had a different forum name back then?

Anyway do not bother responding as it will be another childish response from you as we have already witnessed. Have a good night.

Soldato

That doesn't matter a jot. If he ran a wing which, whether it broke or not, failed the test yet didn't obviously give a disadvantage (indeed an almost certain advantage) there was only ever going to be one outcome.

As for Merc not seeing it, I'm sure they have it now and will be able to repair it in time of for the race, should it be needed.

Soldato
Do you guys think that qualifying disqualified was OK? Or harsh or wrong from fia?

Bit harsh on the driver but overall I think it's fair. It's a team sport, for a driver to win the whole team has to perform. Equally you have situations when the team does everything right only for a driver to make a mistake and the team loosing out on points for constructor championship.

If this happened in the first few races it wouldn't get as much coverage as it does now with the championship being so close.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Haven't seen anything that shows they knew anything about it before Quali. Just post quali, when the gauge was pushed into the (for the want of a better term) 'flap gap' and the wing also passed the static test which is what's stated as the test in the regs. It's a non-binding technical directive that states a maximum of a 10Nm force to be applied. Ok then? How is the force applied? Gentle shove, pneumatic cylinder? Is it calibrated?
It was my mistake… reading the decision back it says that had they spotted the problem earlier they could have fixed it under parc ferme :o

Don’t post and go, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom