British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

Alonso has said that he had a right rear failure on his in lap for his 1st pit stop.

He said on the podium as well basically as he came in, and Vettel you can see out on track has a patch that looks mighty dodgy while he was on track, they saw it and brought him in straight away.

I think there were what, 4 outright failures, massive damaging failures but another minimum of 3-4 that were probably half a lap from blowing, and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't an awful lot more that were pretty damn close to going.

For all we know Vettel's car damage from from bits of Lewis's tyre going into his car. Paul Hembry saying this was unforseen though.... is he having a joke, we've seen this kind of failure destroy Massa's race, hurt Hamilton due to a still truly horrendously unfair penalty which ultimately hurt his race, and other cars also.

Why, considering the tyres are basically exploding, Lotus and co were allowed to refuse new tyres that could or may have been safer I don't know.

Why, considering the tyres are basically exploding, Lotus and co were allowed to refuse new tyres that could or may have been safer I don't know.
Don't know the ins and outs of it but I'd guess they refused the tyres because their cars are easier on them and they see it as being penalised for others failures. Hopefully their attitudes will change now.

did anyone see a good replay from above of Button, Grosjean, Webber. Did Button kind swing inwards to get an angle for the corner and pushed Grosjean over? I think considering how little room Grosjean had Webber was daft to get so damn close, he should have stuck out wide, but I get the feeling it was more BUtton pushing Grosjean over than Grosjean randomly swinging to his left. Though Grosjean started off with a bit of a him vs Hamilton move on Button to start with. He seemed to like when he took out Hamilton, push over to the right very fast and overly aggressively.

Don't know the ins and outs of it but I'd guess they refused the tyres because their cars are easier on them and they see it as being penalised for others failures. Hopefully their attitudes will change now.

Oh I know why they wanted to refuse due to their tyre usage, but... on the grounds of safety I can't see how their preference for weaker tyres out weighs the safety of drivers.... I can't see how their preference is even considered when it comes to safety, I think that is completely absurd.

I mean overall they were VERY lucky today the tyres went when they did. If they went on the entrance into a very fast corner rather than down the straights we could have had an incredibly nasty crash with a car at full speed. We also got insanely lucky that other drivers managed to avoid smashing into these cars. If Alonso had smashed into Perez and both cars went spinning with a bunch of cars coming right at them. The tyres blowing up is insanely dangerous, its just insanely lucky the consequences weren't worse.

On sky they just showed it wasn't Grosjeans fault, definitely Button moving across into him, I know Button wants to swing out to get a better line into the corner, but HE put himself on the inside and paid no attention to who was to his left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom