British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

Apparently going to be announced soon that Ferrari will be doing ANOTHER test with their 2011 car.

I can't see how that'll be allowed. 2011 cars 'conform substantially' with 2012 regs - which is specifically banned under the regs.

I suspect the closest you could get to running a modern F1 car is the 2008 cars. Significant changes between that and 2011.

Apparently going to be announced soon that Ferrari will be doing ANOTHER test with their 2011 car.

I can't see how that'll be allowed. 2011 cars 'conform substantially' with 2012 regs - which is specifically banned under the regs.

I suspect the closest you could get to running a modern F1 car is the 2008 cars. Significant changes between that and 2011.

Just add another hour on a Friday and give the tires to all teams. Job done.

The Ferrari F1 team didn't conduct the previous test (their client department did), so it's the best option you could possibly get to using a 2011 without the team directly being involved.

Just add another hour on a Friday and give the tires to all teams. Job done.

You can't do that you are maximising the risk and literally thousands of F1 drivers and babies might die!

I vote Vettel and Hamilton only (in the interests of forum balance, not the Jenson button kind of balance) to repeatedly run over that kerb to see if it's at fault.

So ferrari are doing a 2011 car test, but using 2013 wings, and random bits on the car, essentially they are doing aero testing on the 2013 car?

Testing has become a joke and I strongly believe that Red Bull and Ferrari only really kicked up a fuss and made a purposefully obtuse, twisted description of what they did to force through their own testing and "get away with it". The thing is, anyone with half a brain can see without any ability to compare one run to another run, you are essentially just running in a circle learning nothing, and without being able to test the tyres or even know which tyres are on.

If Ferrari do this test(and get away with it), Red Bull will and Merc will. Ferrari as far as I can tell have been doing pretty significant testing using new parts, and new drivers, and paying for it themselves(even if its through some subsidiary), they aren't paid for, run and blind tests like the Pirelli test using a Merc car. It seems to me Ferrari have already massively broken the rules, and are going to do it again, and its being basically ignored, while a very basic not very useful test has been blown out of all proportion. Its all a joke.

Last edited:
The Ferrari F1 team didn't conduct the previous test (their client department did), so it's the best option you could possibly get to using a 2011 without the team directly being involved.

But it's still testing with a car that conforms substantially.

And if it's anything like last time, it'll be with a contracted Ferrari driver.

So Gutierrez was a tyre failure; but front tyre cut, which destroyed the front wing ;):D:p

Pretty much thought so, from what I recall the pit stop view of the car cut in during the pitstop after the tyres were done and they were still playing with the wing. Either way it looked like a tyre, it absolutely didn't look like the Rolex sign, and from what we saw there was little reason for him to be around there.

All we saw was car off screen and crap shooting off in small/medium chunks in all directions. I've never seen a wing do that(on its own) and it looked exactly like each other tyre destroying itself.

When you factor in all those that had significant damage when they pitted but the tyre didn't blow on track, its just an absurd number of failures.

Another 2-3 laps on the first stint and I think 3-4 more tyres would have blown and we'd be in red flag territory.

From @joesaward

Jean Todt has told Pirelli to be in Paris on Wednesday this week for a meeting of the Sporting Working Group, in order to take measures to avoid a repeat of the tyre problems that were seen at Silverstone. Pirelli has been asked to propose a solution. The FIA’s priority is, obviously, driver safety, and a suitable solution is deemed to be needed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom