1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, Jul 4, 2018.

?

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

Poll closed Jul 29, 2018.
  1. 1

1.9%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2.9%
  4. 4

1.9%
  5. 5

3.8%
  6. 6

6.7%
  7. 7

32.4%
  8. 8

35.2%
  9. 9

10.5%
  10. 10

4.8%
  1. MagicBoy

Capodecina

It's a standing start. Have you never watched an F1 race before?

2. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Wrong thread.

3. el_dazza

Capodecina

I don't see anything wrong there personally.

4. Locky

Capodecina

by his own team mate too..

5. Flibster

Caporegime

So Bottas overtaking Hamilton is deliberate blocking of Kimi?

Wow...

6. SS-89

Sgarrista

And how is that any different from deuse above saying Kimi will get a new contract for obeying team orders I.e. implying that Kimi and Ferrari deliberately took ham out...no heated response from you in regard to that so I think el_dazza is well within his right to voice his opinion. You may not think your Hamilton bias shows through in moderation but I'd say it does in instances above irrespective of whether you've banned Hamilton fans in the past.

7. JRS

Capodecina

C4 just had a replay from the Haas cars coming together and nearly hitting the stationary Hamilton. That would have significantly changed the day!

8. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

He used to whine his balls off when he was losing.

This is the thing with Hamilton, I want to see him win as he is the English guy. However I will agree he doesn’t always do/say the best things or indeed do himselves any favours. Then again I couldn’t imagine the type of world these guys have grown up in. You are basically centre of the universe and winning is everything and that’s it. So it doesn’t come as a major shock that they are a bit emotionally retarded/a bunch of moaners when things aren’t going their way...

9. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

I posted a picture of a smiling Hamilton in response to something thestig said last year and he deleted that so I’d say you’ve just missed it. :D:)

10. Jono8

Caporegime

Yep, have always thought this and have never liked JB's personality. The nice nice fun character he plays in interviews always cane across as fake. I have always thought he is a ****.

I like Lewis' honesty. Yeh he is a moody git sometimes but so what. At least he often acts/says how he feels.

Anyway good race. Shame Kimi kamakazied into Lewis at the start but it was a good recovery drive from Lewis to get back to 2nd.

11. Steampunk

Soldato

We complain when a driver just spouts bland corporate-speak, and we complain when a driver wears his heart on his sleeve and shows emotion and says what they feel.

Hamilton isn't thinking of the incredible recovery drive he made and how he mitigated the points loss. He's thinking how he made a less than perfect start, got punted off and let the team and the British fans down. If Hamilton shrugged his shoulders, certain people would have called him, cold, arrogant, disrespectful of his team and fans. He would have been called worse if he showed upset and shed a few tears of frustration because he felt like he'd let the fans and team down.

Hamilton's a multiple world champion at a time when he's racing against other world champions. But there's still people who want to crap all over him whether he wins or loses.

12. Bazzards

Hitman

Agreed. Those Ferraris are certainly going to take some beating.

13. ThestigGT999

Soldato

I did complain that max got nothing but kimi did

14. SpartaK

Mobster

Raikonnen give two superlicense points for hitting Hamilton.

This is an absolute joke.

One week ago you give vettel a 5 second penalty for locking up and colliding with another driver. One week later, you give a 10 second penalty for locking up and colliding with another driver as well as 2 points on superlicense.

Where is the consistency???

15. Bazzards

Hitman

Consistency went out of the window years ago.

16. Steampunk

Soldato

The license points are immaterial anyway. The system was created so that no driver ever actually has to miss a race because they have too many points.

17. Doohickey

Sgarrista

Sure, but racing is what it is, and the off the track side is part and parcel. Being fiery or emotional doesn't automatically make someone look like a ****, it's the way you do it.

Well this I didn't know about so can't comment. My point is that whether Lewis is being true to himself or not, sometimes he doesn't come across well, if he wants universal support then he knows he has to play for it, just like everyone else.