British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

speculating on the yacht incident is benign versus Southport with that reaction from the far right (seems surprising they have now attributed that rumour to one guy in Pakistan)
... global warming is the bogeyman here.

So Mike Lynch gets off with a billion dollar fraud case and his partner in crime is them killed by a car and dies .

Then Lynchs yacht sinks along with his family and the chairman of Morgan Stanley johnathon Bloomer are still missing now presumed dead .

OK is it me or are life's coincidences a bit freaky . Yachts don't sink in the Mediterranean, it's a paddling pool compared to the Oceans

Sorry I smell a rat - a dirty one !

Or him and Maxwell are now on some remote Island controlling the world !
To really ramp things up, the driver who killed buddy will suicide before any dangerous driving trial, and the hatch that sunk the boat will turn out to be missing entirely.

Or some such.

Was a billionaire but didn't stow an onboard minisub! Did the bloke never watch Thunderball! Stockton Rush would have flogged them one at a bargain PS controller sold separately.

Why is the media giving this so much coverage - really going overboard....
QrH4KZ3.png

Or

bWYWJ1N.png

Or both *chin stroke emoji*

Your posting style is so vindictive. That must take a lot of effort.

Lynch was on the boat with his 18 year old daughter? You think they were knocking back champagne and snorting coke?

Have some respect.

Why would your 18 year old kids presence stop you from knocking back champagne ? It was a celebration party of ultra wealthy people from what I’ve read. I’d be more surprised if champs and coke weren’t involved.

That said I’ve no problem with people smashing champagne or coke so no judgment from me if that’s what some of them were doing.

Last edited:
Your posting style is so vindictive. That must take a lot of effort.

Lynch was on the boat with his 18 year old daughter? You think they were knocking back champagne and snorting coke?

Have some respect.
Dont know about doing coke, seems like that guy just hates rich people but 18 year olds can drink Champagne.

To be honest, the CCTV of it looks like they just left heavy rain get in and probably sloshed about inside causing stability issues. Certainly didn’t look like a wild storm.

I've watched a few videos on the possible cause. One said the boat is fitted with a lifting keel, so if this was in the up position when moored, stability will be greatly decreased. The yacht also has a very tall mast, which is weight that would make it capsize sooner, i.e. it can't be tilted over at as much of an angle. As it was hot, portholes were probably open, allowing water in once it had capsized. So, the freak tornado combined with the keel up could have been the cause.

RIP to those lost, a terrible tragedy.

How often does this stuff happen?
Is it just in the news because it's rich elites?

Or is it really rare?

It’s rare but the reason its big news is obviously because of who died.

To be expected really, would be a bit of a dull story to the average pleb without the famous people and conspiracy angle.

Last edited:
How often does this stuff happen?
Is it just in the news because it's rich elites?

Or is it really rare?

More often than you think, except it's usually fires that get them, particularly whilst stationary / moored up.

Here's a list of 2023's incidents:

Esysman has been in the superyacht industry for years, think he's an engineering captain or something, he usually covers stuff like this:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom