• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
Here's hoping you have either the MSI closed loop card, or the Gigabyte version on day one in stock #fingerscrossed

MSI no chance, only expecting Suprim X for launch.
Gigabyte yes will have both Aorus Master and Aorus WaterForce in stock for launch, but incredibly small numbers and the pricing is above 2k.

Waiting patiently on the list that I hope @Gibbo will put up on the morning of release showing the volumes in stock for release day.

Can then make a decision based on stock, I really don't want to have my money taken and then be in a waiting list for an undetermined amount of time.

Will aim to do so.
Unfortunately all our deliveries have been delayed by 1-2 days due to airports still prioritising food over luxary goods, the big bulky deliveries are now due today/tomorrow, which is extremely annoying but hopefully they will all be here and booked into stock by Wednesday morning at which point I shall post a heads up in this thread, the other thread and a new thread in GPU section with what is in stock.

MSRP is been revised to £1699 officially as well I believe (awaiting confirmation) due to weakening pound, but doubtful that will be possible for us as were booking deliveries at 1.08 today, I was really hoping to see a better start to this week and back over 1.15, I guess the positive is those who are happy to wait on the provision the pound does regain its strength these cards could easily become £100-200 cheaper in months to come, of course if the doom mongers are to believed and the pound slips more then things get more expensive but I truly do hope the pound recovers, its quite a shock now to go abroad and find everything cost much due the pound buying so little at currency exchange, unless going to Turkey or Japan think GBP still has reasonable strength against those currencies. I was shocked that an airport exchange only want to give me 0.93 euro to each pound! :eek: :(
Needless to say I did not bother, used my card as the bank gave me a truer reflection of the rate, though still rubbish.

Last edited:
you can mine but you will be making a loss lol.

Agreed anyone buying 4090 to mine on would be absolute madness, no idea on their ability but would be sucking 450-600W for card alone so I doubt anyone will, plus the size of them means only one per machine, two at most. Plus they require high-end expensive PSU's to run them, they are not exactly a mining product, they are a flagship luxury goods product aimed at those wanting the very best and latest kit, lets face it for the majority of people a 3060Ti will play every game very well and cost £400, to play games well you don't need to spend £2000 on a graphics card and a few grand on rest of the system to match the GPU, but as with all things in life you can either buy a Skoda Citigo or a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ, one cost 10k, the other cost 500k but both perform the same task, taking you to places, its an anagram but as with all things in life people spend money on what they love and like, some women will spend £50 on a hand bag, others will spend £5000 or even more, but the task performed is similar. There is no such thing as a poor performing graphics card any more, even a 3050 will game at HD, but hobbies are hobbies and some people a 3060Ti will do everything they want, whereas some people want the very best even if they don't necessarily need it, there is nothing wrong with that what people do with their money is their decision, if people want to buy 500k supercars, 50k handbags or 2k graphics is their choice, just like others will go with the 5k car, £50 handbag and £200 graphics card.

I think the only issue will be scalpers attempting to buy up all the FE stock and MSRP product as I highly suspect availability on AIB MSRP product will cease to exist one hour after launch and will then ship in very small to none existent numbers afterwards. The AIB's will purely focus all volume on OC models that cost more than MSRP.

If the pound hits 1.20 next month, should not be an issue though as then OC models would be hitting MSRP or very close to it. The fate of the 4090 and its pricing is really in the hands of the UK government as it has such a dramatic effect on the cost of a product that has a $1599 price tag as at 1.00 that is £1599 plus VAT (£1919) and at 1.40 that is £1142 plus VAT (£1370). Essentially £450 difference simply down to exchange rate. :eek:

Though the idea of seeing 1.40 again I feel seems unlikely considering the pound over past ten years has got weaker and weaker over the long term, with just the odd spikes.

Last edited:
I might need the economics of this explained to me, but you've said you're booking these in today with the exch rate @ 1.08. The pound currently sits @ 1.14, why aren't you getting them @ 1.14?

First the pound is 1.11 today, was 1.10 earlier:

Second we pay for goods in 30 days time, sometimes less sometimes more, as such we protect ourselves from potential exchange rate variation by booking at a rate 2-3 cents under the rate on the day:

As when we pay for good we either lose on the variance or make depending which way it shifts, tends to balance out over the year.

Not sure if you mentioned it before but do get some notice on the day of release of the prices of the different cards or do these go live at 2pm on Wednesday? Hoping for some prior notice to make the scramble for cards a little less stressful!

Yes on Wednesday, probably around midday I will post what has best stock levels and where the pricing will be roughly.

I agree with what you are saying people can spend money on what they want etc I just think since the 2xxx its been a bit of a culture shock GPU's above £1000 which is why its a big discussion. £5000 handbags have been around for years and years, same with cars, £1000+ graphics cards (excluding the Titans of the world) have only been since the 2xxx series really (excluding AMD's x2 offering also) and I think people were hoping it would be returning to sensible levels post Covid but instead its going the other way with the top end and it looks like lower tiers are going £1000+ too eg 4080 16gb. The price range between lower and higher is being stretched even further.

Big difference is though profit margins on a £5000 hand bag are astronomical so there is not much need for the price to change. Supercars have change though, in the past they were 80-120k, now they are several hundred thousand, some hyper cars are in the millions, even though they have incredible profit margins.

Problem with GPU's is the margins are not insane, yes the manufacturer like NVIDIA, AMD do have decent margin, but once its filtered down to AIB's and Resellers, margins are typically single digit. Also inflation worldwide is high and UK's pound has become very weak.

4090 is $1599 I believe the 3090Ti was maybe higher, 2080Ti was probably somewhat close at launch, Titan I think was higher, so the flagship GPU's have not altered to much, it is the mainstream that have gone up a lot in price but at the same time a graphics card like a 3060Ti for £400 out performs a 1080Ti, maybe even a Titan in games, so though £200 GPU's brand new for gaming are hard to come by or are really poor performers the ones around £400 typically outperform the flagship cards of the past.

I doubt we will see the likes of bargains like RX 570/580 again at prices of around £150 due to complexity of the goods, prices of components, shipping, inflation, weak pound, world has changed and continues to change.

When will the prices go live?

I know you can Google Overclockers 4090 and get some results but I'm not sure if those are the final prices.

Edit:
I know we can't buy until Wednesday at 2pm but will we be able to see the prices before then?

The prices people can extract from our systems are more accurate now as were closing on launch, some may change.

Around 12 on Wednesday I shall post on forums final pricing and what we have good stock on and which cards are not so good stock on.

I think supply might be somewhat tight after launch in October but November onwards it should free up massively, pricing will essentially be dictated by currency on these as it has a dramatic impact on cost.

@Gibbo How is the pipeline looking. Is availability looking OK for the weeks after the 12th or is what you have on the 12th all the stock likely to be available for a while? I am interested in the Zotac AMP AIRO but probably cannot order until I get home from work at about 6pm.

I am actually holding off having any deliveries after 12th as I've loaded stock up big time for in stock for launch, I shall then assess after launch what I wish to order.
Information out of board partners is the second wave of stock is looking not great, plus some national holidays in Asia impacting shipments as well this week and next week, but I personally reckon by end of October and certainly in November stock will be easy to come by on 4090 in general, yes certain cards might be tight and I suspect MSRP AIB product will be none existent.

I hate myself for asking, cos I could just wait until release..but an itch is an itch...closed loop cards on launch, any news?

Gigabyte Aorus AIO cooler is expected, but the volumes is single digits and the price extreme, I'd advice wait a month or two they will drop a lot in price, waterblocked cards are expected November/December onwards.

Ah lovely. Pre order? :cool::cry::D

Are there any pre blocked cards for custom loops available on release?

Nope, Inno3D shall be first in a few weeks time and can be pre-ordered on Wednesday but expect supply to be limited so if orders go crazy could be a several month wait time. We have pushed other brands to consider blocked cards and of course block manufacturers will be releasing blocks for various AIB cards in coming weeks.

Any indication if you will have Alphacool/EK waterblock for these cards soon? I can see they are already as preorder.

Not my remit sorry, but I know the guys have been working closely with brands so should have them as soon as available as we expect waterblock demand for 4090 to outweigh that of all previous GPU's as its literally how you half the size of the card and of course it will result in some very good boost clocks as well.

Do you not get the invoice when you take delivery - so you know the USD cost for them at that time? If it was a large order then if I was your finance D I would be buying the USD required to cover the bill now and locking in the price - why take the market risk, no need.

Yes the USD cost is fixed, but we pay in GBP 30 days later so book at a rate to try and protect ourselves. As when we pay for goods it could be 1.01 or 1.15 thats gamble so we try to alleviate some of that by booking 2-3 cents below live rate.

Back
Top Bottom