BRSK Packet loss

Associate
OP
Thank you to all who suggested ideas etc. I have had the engineers out today and they have done many checks and re-spliced the fibre where they saw a slight bend. No good. They cant fix it they say.
So looks like I need toleave BRSK and go back to soddin Virgin. Was wanting the 1gig up n 1gig down not the virgin 1gig and 120 or so up!
thanks again

Soldato
Thank you to all who suggested ideas etc. I have had the engineers out today and they have done many checks and re-spliced the fibre where they saw a slight bend. No good. They cant fix it they say.
So looks like I need toleave BRSK and go back to soddin Virgin. Was wanting the 1gig up n 1gig down not the virgin 1gig and 120 or so up!
thanks again
Don’t be so brisk (sorry I’ve had a few champagnes) to quit on this.

If you run a pathping to Google can you post result? Where is the loss? Variance in speed on altnets I would expect to see but not packet loss. Pathping will lay it bare where the loss is happening and help us help you.

Man of Honour
Have you plugged in a PC into the ONT and tested yet? I'm struggling to understand the actual issue here.

Can you draw a simple network diagram when the problem occurs?

Associate
OP
Have you plugged in a PC into the ONT and tested yet? I'm struggling to understand the actual issue here.

Can you draw a simple network diagram when the problem occurs?
Sorry I am late getting back to you.
I have the ONT to either third part router or there own (Makes no difference) then either direct to desktop. I have a 100/1Gig switch rack and 2 other switches that are 2.5gbps. the 2.5 switches are for use to my desktops and micro server as they all have 2.5g NIC cards.
Now to rule out my "stuff" I have just gone from the ONT to desktop and I have high speed on Ookla go up to maybe 900Mbps then drop to 500 or so and creap back up to 800. or Go high and finish at 400. This is most often on the DL, although the UL does suffer sometimes.
On Sat I put BRSK router on so they could monitor ir, we could only do it for a short period as some sites would not open during that period (so had to go back to my router which they couldn't monitor due to some settign in the TP Link Deco router I couldn't set for them.
The results they got showed no issues really. - Yet the problem remains.
I have loads and loads of logs from my router but i couldnt make anysense of what i read!?

Associate
OP
Don’t be so brisk (sorry I’ve had a few champagnes) to quit on this.

If you run a pathping to Google can you post result? Where is the loss? Variance in speed on altnets I would expect to see but not packet loss. Pathping will lay it bare where the loss is happening and help us help you.
I will give this ago, thank you!

Man of Honour
Now to rule out my "stuff" I have just gone from the ONT to desktop and I have high speed on Ookla go up to maybe 900Mbps then drop to 500 or so and creap back up to 800. or Go high and finish at 400. This is most often on the DL, although the UL does suffer sometimes.
Have you tried something else other than your desktop? It might be a driver issue or something else on your desktop.

Associate
OP
Have you tried something else other than your desktop? It might be a driver issue or something else on your desktop.
I have mate, a secondary desktop, BRSK own laptop. I have also been having cut outs on wifi. wifi calling has been awful, streaming devices on wifi suddenly stop. I am hoping to search more in the tp link Deco router logs for something to tell me something that stands out as an issue.
I mean when we really got to it last week with several engineers here, we only had their router connected to their laptop and they witnessed it dropping speed from the 900 or so down to 300 etc. Nothing else of mine was on except the electricity I believe.

Man of Honour
If it's happening on multiple devices directly into the ONT, then the issue is likely the ONT itself, the fibre run to it, or the ISP network.

Back
Top Bottom