BRSK

Hello fellow BRSK users, I had BRSK fibre installed and activated yesterday, 150 Mbps upload and download.
Unfortunately I am only getting between 6-26 Mbps upload, the BRSK engineer said it might take a couple of days to settle.
I have already contacted support and was just given basic instructions, which I already had tried.

Just wondering if anyone else's BRSK fibre upload took a few days to settle down and reach the full speeds.
smoke and mirrors should be up to speed pretty much as soon as installed. Engineers say 'it will take time' because they are pushed with their work load and need to get on to the next job and do not want spend time diagnosing or don't have the skills to diagnose it... complain and if no resolution quickly you have 14 days to cancel from installation.. I have seen so many stories on various social media about BRSK customers getting nowhere near the speed they have paid for but to be fair a lot of happy customers too, but the ones who are unhappy do seem to be given the run around and fobbed off.

smoke and mirrors should be up to speed pretty much as soon as installed. Engineers say 'it will take time' because they are pushed with their work load and need to get on to the next job and do not want spend time diagnosing or don't have the skills to diagnose it... complain and if no resolution quickly you have 14 days to cancel from installation.. I have seen so many stories on various social media about BRSK customers getting nowhere near the speed they have paid for but to be fair a lot of happy customers too, but the ones who are unhappy do seem to be given the run around and fobbed off.
Thank you, I have sent another email to support with todays slow uploads, if I don't get a reply soon, I will threaten to leave.

As already speeds were full speed pretty much straight away. Are you testing speeds using cable or WiFi? What download speed are you getting?
Hello Spudmaster, download speeds were the full speed straight away, it's the upload speeds that have been a problem.
They were a bit higher first thing this morning and gradually getting worse throughout the days, now at 19.47 Mbps, paid for 150 Mbps upload.

BRSK support is useless, going round in circles with them, that is if they reply.
Will be putting in a complaint over the weekend if I do not hear anything.

I've got the 900/900 going in in the next month or so - hoping for a huge upgrade on my current package (Sky - 30mb/15mb and ruuuubish).

I'm wondering what recommendations people have for a router / mesh network to go with it? I currently have a couple of Amplfi HD routers with wireless backhaul that have served me well for many years, but want to upgrade these to something that can handle 6e (have two quests which I have to use with link cables atm, so would be nice to make that truly wireless). The obvious choice would be the latest Amplifi products, but they've not released anything since the Alien, and they're only wifi 6. What would be a good alternitive with 6e? I'm not interested in access points either. I am also toying with the idea of using some moca nodes for wired coaxial backhaul as I don't use the coax in the house and cannot easily run CAT5/6. What's people's thoughts?

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom