BRSK

Associate
I'm watching them move up the roads near us, have signed up to that 24 month offer for 900mbps, a few people I know locally have gone with them and I can't really fault £35 a month for 900Mbps + static IP.

Soldato
I'm watching them move up the roads near us, have signed up to that 24 month offer for 900mbps, a few people I know locally have gone with them and I can't really fault £35 a month for 900Mbps + static IP.
Had no issues here either. I did replace the router in the end for a Belkin RT1800 to get openwrt. But the free router is decent enough.
I’ve been running it for 3 months. The graphs are a hilarious flatline. Rock solid and very low sub 10ms latency with no spikes about 20ms

Thanks all, only just saw the replies.

I've signed up for 900 for 24 months @ £30 from September. Considering I'm on 30ish right now, would be a big change :)

Associate
Had their Betternet1000 (900/900) product installed Tuesday, switched over to my existing pfsense setup yesterday with no issues. Was told during installation that I would need to phone customer service but didn't entirely buy that at the time, and didn't need to - simply switching the WAN setup from PPPoe to DHCP (after switching connection from the modem to the ONT) took care of it.

I did add the static IP as I have some services which I expect cgnat will mess up and didn't want to have to spend time troubleshooting.

Pretty solid so far:

gqtLsLm.png

It replaces gfast with EE which I will be terminating. I am getting the full 350/50 service, but seem to be getting more and more disconnections after 18 months of it being rock solid. With the impending price increases it works out pretty much the same for the remainder for a far faster service. I was in contract until middle next year but terminating the contract was ~£330.
I'm getting Betternet1000 probably next week or the week after, had the survey yesterday, I currently run PFSense on the broadband connection I have, so is just as simple as changing from PPP to DHCP on the WAN interface? I've also gone for an IP address, is there anything else you need to do for that on PFSense? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting Betternet1000 probably next week or the week after, had the survey yesterday, I currently run PFSense on the broadband connection I have, so is just as simple as changing from PPP to DHCP on the WAN interface? I've also gone for an IP address, is there anything else you need to do for that on PFSense? Thanks :)
You can try DHCP on the WAN but it depends on how BRSK do it from their end

if they give you the static IP details, just change the WAN interface on your pfsense to Static IPv4 and enter the static IP detail, should be relatively straight forward.

Associate

I think I started with and kept DHCP as I added the static IP a few hours after initially setting up. Their documentation suggests using DHCP so I would start with that even with a static IP.

Last edited:
Soldato
We don’t have telegraph poles on our street and BRSK use these for their broadband. I really want to get it but feel like the poles will make the street unsightly somewhat.

Brsk said they will first ask home owners in the street to see if they would like the poles fitted

Let’s see

Associate
We don’t have telegraph poles on our street and BRSK use these for their broadband. I really want to get it but feel like the poles will make the street unsightly somewhat.

Brsk said they will first ask home owners in the street to see if they would like the poles fitted

Let’s see
Ours is underground, no poles.

Soldato
OP
Had anyone successfully used mesh with the BRSK router yet?

This put me off last time because apparently it couldn't be done but virgin are hiking the prices again giving me a get out of jail card and there is a BRSK pole right outside my house so might as make use of the thing

Back
Top Bottom